LDS Primary general presidency addresses women at BYU conference
The temple and family history work are central to accomplishing the Lord's work of salvation, said Sister Stevens.
"I can imagine that the Lord, with His infinite power, could design a way to bring salvation to all His children without directly using our help," she said. "But for whatever reason, he did not. Could it be that our participation in temple and family history work is designed to not only save our ancestors, but to save us and our children as well?"
As individuals make temple worship and family history work their focus, they will experience promised blessings and will feel the Lord's presence in their life. Involving children in that focus on the temple brings those blessings into homes and families.
Sister Stevens said that even small activities — a picture of the temple in a bedroom of a child, singing songs about the temple, visiting the grounds of a temple, helping children prepare for a temple recommend, sharing stories of ancestors and involving children in family history and temple work — will help children make the temple become part of their heart and future.
"The blessings of the temple are available to us all — young and old, and everybody in between," she said. "It is in the temple that we remember who we really are and see with clarity who we really can become. In this we will feel the Lord's love for us in a personal way. It draws us to him."
It is through building upon the rock of the Redeemer, Christ, the Son of God — through prayer, scripture study and temple attendance — that families will have a strong foundation, she said.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 171
- Why I don’t call myself a... 95
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 64
- General Women's Session focuses on... 29
- State bills to protect religious... 21
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 14
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence: ‘Not... 12