LDS Primary general presidency addresses women at BYU conference
The temple and family history work are central to accomplishing the Lord's work of salvation, said Sister Stevens.
"I can imagine that the Lord, with His infinite power, could design a way to bring salvation to all His children without directly using our help," she said. "But for whatever reason, he did not. Could it be that our participation in temple and family history work is designed to not only save our ancestors, but to save us and our children as well?"
As individuals make temple worship and family history work their focus, they will experience promised blessings and will feel the Lord's presence in their life. Involving children in that focus on the temple brings those blessings into homes and families.
Sister Stevens said that even small activities — a picture of the temple in a bedroom of a child, singing songs about the temple, visiting the grounds of a temple, helping children prepare for a temple recommend, sharing stories of ancestors and involving children in family history and temple work — will help children make the temple become part of their heart and future.
"The blessings of the temple are available to us all — young and old, and everybody in between," she said. "It is in the temple that we remember who we really are and see with clarity who we really can become. In this we will feel the Lord's love for us in a personal way. It draws us to him."
It is through building upon the rock of the Redeemer, Christ, the Son of God — through prayer, scripture study and temple attendance — that families will have a strong foundation, she said.
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Why I make my kids go to church
- LDS girl's imagination takes viewers of a new...
- Book recounts LDS Church history using Legos
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: 'Faith, Family and...
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- LDS Church dedicates Deseret Mill and Pasta...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 93
- Defending the Faith: Even in science,... 70
- Why I make my kids go to church 51
- LDS university president receives... 18
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 13
- Activists: Islamic State group now... 5
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years... 4
- In the Whirled: Becoming a daydream... 3