ST. JOSEPH 1, LAYTON CHRISTIAN 0: Keyanu Tate scored the game's only goal in the opening minute of the second half, ricocheting a shot off the right post and into the net, and the Jayhawks made that score stand up the rest of the way to reach the state semifinals for the fifth time in six years. St. Joe goalkeeper Mitch Koehler earned his ninth shutout of the season, helped along by a strong defensive effort that limited the visiting Eagles to very few solid scoring opportunities, while Layton Christian 'keeper Berke Kalemotou stopped several shots by the Jayhawks.
CEDAR 0, PARK CITY 0 (PARK CITY WON SHOOTOUT 6-5): Jesus Valeriano netted the final penalty kick to give the Miners the edge in the quarterfinal showdown. Goalkeepers Casey Sederman (Park City) and Kaeland Osborne (Cedar City) both earned shutouts and led their respective defensive efforts in the tight contest.
WASATCH 3, DIXIE 3: Facing a 3-1 deficit at the break, Dixie came out in the second half and netted two goals to send the game to overtime. Neither team could gain an advantage in either overtimes, and Cody Cowley came up with some huge stops between the posts in the shootout to help the Wasps escape with the narrow victory. Domey Espinoza led the way for Wasatch with two scores.
SALEM HILLS 2, BEAR RIVER 0: Salem Hills scored two early runs and held on to defeat Bear River in a defensive battle. Kirtlyn Bohling was dominant in the circle, fanning 12 batters and only giving up two hits in the shut-out victory. Bailey Trapp tripled for the Bears in the loss.
MANTI 9, HUNTER 8: Manti got their bats going in the bottom of the fifth inning and put up seven runs to escape with the narrow victory over Hunter. Kali Thompson led the Templars with a double and a win from the mound.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 105
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 19