ST. JOSEPH 1, LAYTON CHRISTIAN 0: Keyanu Tate scored the game's only goal in the opening minute of the second half, ricocheting a shot off the right post and into the net, and the Jayhawks made that score stand up the rest of the way to reach the state semifinals for the fifth time in six years. St. Joe goalkeeper Mitch Koehler earned his ninth shutout of the season, helped along by a strong defensive effort that limited the visiting Eagles to very few solid scoring opportunities, while Layton Christian 'keeper Berke Kalemotou stopped several shots by the Jayhawks.
CEDAR 0, PARK CITY 0 (PARK CITY WON SHOOTOUT 6-5): Jesus Valeriano netted the final penalty kick to give the Miners the edge in the quarterfinal showdown. Goalkeepers Casey Sederman (Park City) and Kaeland Osborne (Cedar City) both earned shutouts and led their respective defensive efforts in the tight contest.
WASATCH 3, DIXIE 3: Facing a 3-1 deficit at the break, Dixie came out in the second half and netted two goals to send the game to overtime. Neither team could gain an advantage in either overtimes, and Cody Cowley came up with some huge stops between the posts in the shootout to help the Wasps escape with the narrow victory. Domey Espinoza led the way for Wasatch with two scores.
SALEM HILLS 2, BEAR RIVER 0: Salem Hills scored two early runs and held on to defeat Bear River in a defensive battle. Kirtlyn Bohling was dominant in the circle, fanning 12 batters and only giving up two hits in the shut-out victory. Bailey Trapp tripled for the Bears in the loss.
MANTI 9, HUNTER 8: Manti got their bats going in the bottom of the fifth inning and put up seven runs to escape with the narrow victory over Hunter. Kali Thompson led the Templars with a double and a win from the mound.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16