Lenny Ignelzi, AP photo
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Patrick Corbin pitched seven solid innings and the Arizona Diamondbacks snapped their season-high four-game losing streak with an 8-1 victory over the San Diego Padres on Saturday night.
Corbin (4-0) gave up one run and five hits while striking out seven. He walked three while his ERA dropped to 1.80. Corbin has opened the season by pitching at least six innings and allowing two runs or less runs in his six starts — all Arizona victories.
He lost his shutout bid with two out in the seventh when Chris Denorfia hit his second homer into the second deck in left field. Denorfia also had a double. The D-Backs touched up Padres starter Clayton Richard (0-4) for six runs on five hits in the second.
Richard had never lost to the Diamondbacks going 6-0. He left in the fourth after giving up seven runs.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19