Lenny Ignelzi, Associated Press
Why doesn't John Florez just admit that he is for leaving our borders open to any and all who wish to enter this country illegally ("Immigration is a test of leadership," April 27)? Our borders do need to be secured first and foremost. The tide of illegal immigration must be stemmed. It is unfair to those who wish to come here legally to continue to reward the lawbreakers.
Sadly, we have allowed compassion to trump the rule of law as it pertains to immigration reform, as well as a host of other social issues.
Ben B. Booth
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics reflects...
- Letter: Our public lands
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- My view: Your family stories have the power...
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 19
- Mantua speed trap 17