Lenny Ignelzi, Associated Press
Why doesn't John Florez just admit that he is for leaving our borders open to any and all who wish to enter this country illegally ("Immigration is a test of leadership," April 27)? Our borders do need to be secured first and foremost. The tide of illegal immigration must be stemmed. It is unfair to those who wish to come here legally to continue to reward the lawbreakers.
Sadly, we have allowed compassion to trump the rule of law as it pertains to immigration reform, as well as a host of other social issues.
Ben B. Booth
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line...
- Letter: Protected lands
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult...
- My view: Holistic approach to wild horses...
- Richard Davis: Legislators— Model the...
- Letter: Utah's birthright
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 60
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 44
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 39
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 39
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 34
- John Florez: Corporate or public... 31