Lenny Ignelzi, Associated Press
Why doesn't John Florez just admit that he is for leaving our borders open to any and all who wish to enter this country illegally ("Immigration is a test of leadership," April 27)? Our borders do need to be secured first and foremost. The tide of illegal immigration must be stemmed. It is unfair to those who wish to come here legally to continue to reward the lawbreakers.
Sadly, we have allowed compassion to trump the rule of law as it pertains to immigration reform, as well as a host of other social issues.
Ben B. Booth
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 59
- Letter: Gun control 57
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 51
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 40