Lenny Ignelzi, Associated Press
Why doesn't John Florez just admit that he is for leaving our borders open to any and all who wish to enter this country illegally ("Immigration is a test of leadership," April 27)? Our borders do need to be secured first and foremost. The tide of illegal immigration must be stemmed. It is unfair to those who wish to come here legally to continue to reward the lawbreakers.
Sadly, we have allowed compassion to trump the rule of law as it pertains to immigration reform, as well as a host of other social issues.
Ben B. Booth
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Letter: Police not the problem
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- In our opinion: Utah sees improvement in...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 57
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 38
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 34
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30