Lenny Ignelzi, Associated Press
Why doesn't John Florez just admit that he is for leaving our borders open to any and all who wish to enter this country illegally ("Immigration is a test of leadership," April 27)? Our borders do need to be secured first and foremost. The tide of illegal immigration must be stemmed. It is unfair to those who wish to come here legally to continue to reward the lawbreakers.
Sadly, we have allowed compassion to trump the rule of law as it pertains to immigration reform, as well as a host of other social issues.
Ben B. Booth
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics and...
- Letter: Where's the action?
- Letter: BYU in a conference?
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- A. Scott Anderson: Sen. Bennett: Selfless...
- Michael Gerson: Conservatives' deal with the...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 73
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 47
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 23
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- Letter: Where's the action? 17
- My view: Character still matters in... 13