Vancouver Whitecaps (2-3-3, 9 points) at Real Salt Lake (3-4-2, 11 points)
RIO TINTO STADIUM
Today, 7 p.m. TV: CW30
Radio: 700 AM
All-time series: 2-2-2
Vancouver Whitecaps (2-3-3, 9 points):
Joe Cannon, Lee Young-Pyo, Andy O'Brien, Brad Rusin, Alain Rochat, Daigo Kobayashi, Nigel Reo-Coker, Jun Davidson, Gershon Koffie, Camilo Sanvezzo, Darren Mattocks.
Real Salt Lake (3-4-2, 11 points):
Nick Rimando, Tony Beltran, Nat Borchers, Chris Schuler, Lovel Palmer, Ned Grabavoy, Kyle Beckerman, Javier Morales, Luis Gil, Devon Sandoval, Joao Plata.
Coach Jason Kreis believes he hasn't seen the best of Javier Morales yet: "It's always been my feeling that when Javier's at his absolute peak in fitness, that's when he's at his absolute best in performance. He would tell you, and I would tell you as well that he's not 100 percent fit yet." ... Chris Wingert may get his first start of 2013 coming back from a broken foot. "I've played with him for many, many years, and it always helps to have another veteran on the backline. I'm excited if he is going to be starting," said starting center back Nat Borchers.
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU best-case,...
- BYU basketball: What we learned from 4 games...
- Video: BYU commit Jaren Hall lifts Maple...
- Dick Harmon: BYU workhorse running back Nate...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 78
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 61
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 31
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 25
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 25