Houston Chronicle, Cody Duty) MANDATORY CREDIT, Associated Press
HOUSTON — Houston police say it appears a man was bent on suicide, or what's known as suicide by cop, when he opened fire inside a busy Houston airport terminal.
Investigators say 29-year-old Carnell Marcus Moore of Beaumont shot himself in the head with a 40-caliber pistol Thursday afternoon after shooting into the ceiling at a Bush Intercontinental Airport terminal. A homeland security agent in the terminal also shot and wounded him when Moore refused to drop his weapon.
Authorities said Friday that Moore had an AR-15 rifle with ammunition in a bag he was carrying. From a suicide note he left behind, they believe he was not planning to hurt others. No one else was injured.
Moore had no criminal record. It's not immediately known where he obtained his weapons.
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal, 'has...
- The top 10 highest-paid female CEOs
- Feds release sage grouse conservation plans...
- South Africa shaken by FIFA corruption probe
- Neverland, former home of Michael Jackson, on...
- Photo gallery: Aerial views of floodwaters in...
- Latest on flooding: Body of missing Texas...
- Officials say those Boston snow piles are...
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal,... 36
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 14
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- US to 'fine tune' Iraq strategy in... 12
- Family stress and poverty affect... 12
- Administration asks skeptical judge to... 9
- Census: Number of Americans on public... 9
- Obama urges Senate to renew... 7