Houston Chronicle, Cody Duty) MANDATORY CREDIT, Associated Press
HOUSTON — Houston police say it appears a man was bent on suicide, or what's known as suicide by cop, when he opened fire inside a busy Houston airport terminal.
Investigators say 29-year-old Carnell Marcus Moore of Beaumont shot himself in the head with a 40-caliber pistol Thursday afternoon after shooting into the ceiling at a Bush Intercontinental Airport terminal. A homeland security agent in the terminal also shot and wounded him when Moore refused to drop his weapon.
Authorities said Friday that Moore had an AR-15 rifle with ammunition in a bag he was carrying. From a suicide note he left behind, they believe he was not planning to hurt others. No one else was injured.
Moore had no criminal record. It's not immediately known where he obtained his weapons.
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias...
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against Obama
- Witness: More Oklahoma bombing videos may exist
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4 percent in...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 46
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 46
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 30
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 27
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 26
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 20
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 14