Houston Chronicle, Cody Duty) MANDATORY CREDIT, Associated Press
HOUSTON — Houston police say it appears a man was bent on suicide, or what's known as suicide by cop, when he opened fire inside a busy Houston airport terminal.
Investigators say 29-year-old Carnell Marcus Moore of Beaumont shot himself in the head with a 40-caliber pistol Thursday afternoon after shooting into the ceiling at a Bush Intercontinental Airport terminal. A homeland security agent in the terminal also shot and wounded him when Moore refused to drop his weapon.
Authorities said Friday that Moore had an AR-15 rifle with ammunition in a bag he was carrying. From a suicide note he left behind, they believe he was not planning to hurt others. No one else was injured.
Moore had no criminal record. It's not immediately known where he obtained his weapons.
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land in...
- Islamic State group calls for attacking...
- 'The Lion King' earns record box office
- Prosecutor: 800 rounds found in White House...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Why a parent going to prison can be worse...
- 'Maze Runner' races past 'Tombstones' with...
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe... 9
- How much America wants to be taxed 9
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 8
- Islamic State group calls for attacking... 7
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land... 7
- It's not just young people —... 7