Houston Chronicle, Cody Duty) MANDATORY CREDIT, Associated Press
HOUSTON — Houston police say it appears a man was bent on suicide, or what's known as suicide by cop, when he opened fire inside a busy Houston airport terminal.
Investigators say 29-year-old Carnell Marcus Moore of Beaumont shot himself in the head with a 40-caliber pistol Thursday afternoon after shooting into the ceiling at a Bush Intercontinental Airport terminal. A homeland security agent in the terminal also shot and wounded him when Moore refused to drop his weapon.
Authorities said Friday that Moore had an AR-15 rifle with ammunition in a bag he was carrying. From a suicide note he left behind, they believe he was not planning to hurt others. No one else was injured.
Moore had no criminal record. It's not immediately known where he obtained his weapons.
- In Ferguson, mundane choices lead to tragedy
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
- Evangelicals with gay children challenging...
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- BLACK FRIDAY LIVE: Protests, beer and prison
- Rubber chickens, afros and clowns: A look at...
- Official Christmas tree arrives at White House
- Families uncover Civil War drama, 150 years...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 70
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 30
- Evangelicals with gay children... 20
- Ferguson businesses torched in... 17
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15
- Obama heads to Chicago to pitch... 13
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest... 12
- Attorney General Eric Holder:... 11