Houston Chronicle, Cody Duty) MANDATORY CREDIT, Associated Press
HOUSTON — Houston police say it appears a man was bent on suicide, or what's known as suicide by cop, when he opened fire inside a busy Houston airport terminal.
Investigators say 29-year-old Carnell Marcus Moore of Beaumont shot himself in the head with a 40-caliber pistol Thursday afternoon after shooting into the ceiling at a Bush Intercontinental Airport terminal. A homeland security agent in the terminal also shot and wounded him when Moore refused to drop his weapon.
Authorities said Friday that Moore had an AR-15 rifle with ammunition in a bag he was carrying. From a suicide note he left behind, they believe he was not planning to hurt others. No one else was injured.
Moore had no criminal record. It's not immediately known where he obtained his weapons.
- Here's a quiz to test your Star Wars...
- Britain's new princess can't expect...
- LA man builds small home for homeless lady
- 5 faith facts about Ben Carson: retired...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Defending the Faith: Going up to Jerusalem
- Defeated boxer Pacquiao keeps faith, as do...
- The Latest on prophet cartoon case: 1 man's...
- Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders: 'I am... 41
- Rage to relief in Baltimore as 6... 40
- Former tech executive Carly Fiorina... 19
- More Americans spending at least half... 14
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Famed neurosurgeon Ben Carson announces... 11
- Latest on police-custody death: 53... 9
- 5 faith facts about Ben Carson: retired... 9