I am writing in response to the Davis School District's math problem ("Teachers not to blame," April 29). My opinion on the new math core is that it is helpful, but it can be frustrating at times. I think that it is not the teachers' fault because they are just getting used to the new math system, not having enough resources to help students. Like Ryan Wilkinson said, teachers have to figure out the problems they give to the students, so it makes it very difficult. Also, it is a struggle to just prepare the next day's lesson for students. I think they should be given answer sheets and stuff like that as soon as possible.
Joseph R. Welker, Troop 567
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Letter: Bring the prison here
- Letter: Wood burning an easy target
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 44
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 43
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Paul Mero: Reasonable solution to... 30
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 29