I am writing in response to the Davis School District's math problem ("Teachers not to blame," April 29). My opinion on the new math core is that it is helpful, but it can be frustrating at times. I think that it is not the teachers' fault because they are just getting used to the new math system, not having enough resources to help students. Like Ryan Wilkinson said, teachers have to figure out the problems they give to the students, so it makes it very difficult. Also, it is a struggle to just prepare the next day's lesson for students. I think they should be given answer sheets and stuff like that as soon as possible.
Joseph R. Welker, Troop 567
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- In our opinion: With Shurtleff and Swallow...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 112
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 73
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 47
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 47
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 34
- The complicated political views of... 32