I am writing in response to the Davis School District's math problem ("Teachers not to blame," April 29). My opinion on the new math core is that it is helpful, but it can be frustrating at times. I think that it is not the teachers' fault because they are just getting used to the new math system, not having enough resources to help students. Like Ryan Wilkinson said, teachers have to figure out the problems they give to the students, so it makes it very difficult. Also, it is a struggle to just prepare the next day's lesson for students. I think they should be given answer sheets and stuff like that as soon as possible.
Joseph R. Welker, Troop 567
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- Rely on invisible hand?
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 23