Robert F. Bukaty, File, Associated Press
Here's your look at highlights from the weekly AP photo report, a gallery featuring a mix of front-page photography, the odd image you might have missed and lasting moments our editors think you should see.
This week's collection includes a lightning strike in Pakistan, an elderly Afghan man at a brick factory near Kabul, dancing in the street in Amsterdam to celebrate the first new Dutch monarch in 33 years, first lady Michelle Obama with comedian Conan O'Brien, and an early morning scene from Churchill Downs ahead of the Kentucky Derby.
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,...
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- 2 cops in New York City ambushed, fatally...
- What people never mention when they talk...
- Think your marital status is important? The...
- Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin has aneurysm
- A chance to breach divide for young in Cuba...
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 32
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 14
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- Utah mourners for Pakistani children... 8
- Obama declares 2014 'a breakthrough... 7