VIEWMONT 8, HUNTER 1: Parker Taggart was great for Viewmont as he threw for the victory and helped himself by going 4-for-4 from the plate including two triples.
TAYLORSVILLE 14, KEARNS 0: Taylorsville blew out Kearns on the road as Kyle Hoffman shut down the home team from the mound. Hoffman hit three doubles to help his cause while teammate Wyatt Caso hit a triple and a home run for the Warriors.
JORDAN 13, COPPER HILLS 0: Jordan scored seven runs in the sixth inning, enacting the 10-run rule to end the game early and defeat Copper Hills. Morgan Gomez was solid on the mound for the Beetdiggers, striking out nine batters and holding the home team scoreless. Austin Anderson had six RBIs for the Beetdiggers.
ALTA 9, BRIGHTON 0: Brighton was no match for visiting Alta as the Hawks scored nine runs and held their opponents scoreless. Gabe Farrer hit two doubles for the Hawks while teammate Mitchell Page was the winning pitcher.
RIVERTON 9, LEHI 5: Riverton consistently put runs on the board as it defeated Lehi. The Silverwolves' Jared Barton was the winning pitcher and the team had four doubles.
BINGHAM 13, PLEASANT GROVE 3: Bingham scored first and contiuned through seven innings with 13 runs on 14 hits. Brennon Lund hit a triple and a double. He also only allowed four hits from the mound.
AMERICAN FORK 13, LONE PEAK 2: The Cavemen got rolling late in the game as they scored all 13 of their runs in the final three innings. Emmett Green had a double and a triple to lead American Fork.
MOUNTAIN CREST 4, BOX ELDER 1: Mountain Crest scored three runs in the top of the third inning and held off Box Elder from there to pick up the road victory. Ben Weese earned the win from the mound for the Mustangs.
LOGAN 13, ROY 3: Logan finished off the seventh inning scoring seven runs to extend their lead.
WOODS CROSS 16, CLEARFIELD 4: Woods Cross had an incredible 15 runs in the fifth inning to give it the road victory. Brady Cowley had a double and a triple for the Wildcats while Jake Kocherhans picked up the win on the mound.
CYPRUS 14, HIGHLAND 4: The Pirates defeated the Rams in five innings, scoring 14 runs on 17 hits. Conner Squire hit two doubles for Cyprus and was also the winning pitcher. Jon Olsen had a great catch for Highland to prevent further damage.
EAST 13, BOUNTIFUL 9: East scored seven runs in the third inning to start their lead and take the win. Parker Van Dyke hit two doubles.
MURRAY 10, SKYLINE 9: Trailing by six going into the fourth inning, Murray finally got hot as it scored six runs and ultimately defeated Skyline.
- Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors continues to make...
- 2015 Deseret News NFL Mock Draft: Wide...
- Gordon Hayward looks to get better at...
- BYU offense looking to move the ball, put up...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Jaycob Brugman's...
- Amy Donaldson: South Summit High community...
- Dick Harmon: Only joy for BYU's Jordan...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Kyle Whittingham just glad...
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big... 100
- Ultimate football road trips:... 48
- Brighton wide receiver Simi Fehoko... 42
- Morning links: Duke in pursuit of Lone... 40
- Morning links: ESPN calls Utah a dark... 34
- BYU's basketball roster undergoing... 29
- Little offense as main players sit out... 29
- BYU offense looking to move the ball,... 22