Immigration would not be a problem if our leaders would first correct the problems with our economic and social systems to remove the roadblocks that deny people of the rights and freedoms to pursue the good life as promised in the Constitution. The worker's plight in today's economic system has changed only a tiny bit in the last thousands of years. While working conditions have been improved in terms of safety and humane reasons, today's workers are only voluntary slaves to their employers as opposed to being involuntary slaves.
Depending on the Free Market theory, the workers had achieved a balance of sorts in the competition for wealth and the good life. But that balance is out of balance now, because of technology, automation and by flooding the labor market with cheap foreign labor. Only by restoring the balance will our civilization survive. So immigration reform will do nothing to help America unless we first fix the economic system. Solving the economic system problems will allow us to throw open the doors because more people would mean more prosperity for all.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Letter: More Lehi gridlock?
- Letter: Draper real estate
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 78
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 65
- Letter: Human body 41
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 34
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 32
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 26
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 18