The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 signed by President Obama states, "Individuals making more than $250,000 will be asked to pay a little more to help reduce the deficit through a combination of increased tax rates and reduced tax benefits." In "The Law," Frederic Bastiat stated legal plunder as "if the law benefits one citizen at the expense of another by doing what the citizen himself cannot do without committing a crime."
I oppose this act because it would be considered a crime, and government shouldn't be allowed to have more power and right than the people. Law is meant to punish plunder and restrict the government — not the people.
James Timothy Cisneros
- Lois M. Collins: Some think women are...
- Classical liberalism offers sole durable...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- Who was the most narcissistic president?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- In our opinion: Are we too pessimistic about...
- My view: 'Single issue' voters should...
- Michael Gerson: Tall order for GOP in ’16
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 48
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- Lois M. Collins: Some think women are... 32
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 31
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 28
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 27
- Classical liberalism offers sole... 27