The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 signed by President Obama states, "Individuals making more than $250,000 will be asked to pay a little more to help reduce the deficit through a combination of increased tax rates and reduced tax benefits." In "The Law," Frederic Bastiat stated legal plunder as "if the law benefits one citizen at the expense of another by doing what the citizen himself cannot do without committing a crime."
I oppose this act because it would be considered a crime, and government shouldn't be allowed to have more power and right than the people. Law is meant to punish plunder and restrict the government — not the people.
James Timothy Cisneros
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- My view: A global warming solution to grow...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 70
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 38
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- My view: A global warming solution to... 35