The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 signed by President Obama states, "Individuals making more than $250,000 will be asked to pay a little more to help reduce the deficit through a combination of increased tax rates and reduced tax benefits." In "The Law," Frederic Bastiat stated legal plunder as "if the law benefits one citizen at the expense of another by doing what the citizen himself cannot do without committing a crime."
I oppose this act because it would be considered a crime, and government shouldn't be allowed to have more power and right than the people. Law is meant to punish plunder and restrict the government — not the people.
James Timothy Cisneros
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29