The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 signed by President Obama states, "Individuals making more than $250,000 will be asked to pay a little more to help reduce the deficit through a combination of increased tax rates and reduced tax benefits." In "The Law," Frederic Bastiat stated legal plunder as "if the law benefits one citizen at the expense of another by doing what the citizen himself cannot do without committing a crime."
I oppose this act because it would be considered a crime, and government shouldn't be allowed to have more power and right than the people. Law is meant to punish plunder and restrict the government — not the people.
James Timothy Cisneros
- In our opinion: Declaration of Independence...
- In our opinion: Supreme Court ruling for...
- My view: Everything you think you know about...
- Letter: Patriotism has not died
- Letter: The Fourth
- My view: Move the prison for the sake of...
- President Boyd K. Packer — 'defender'...
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the...
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 31
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 26
- Letter: Patriotism has not died 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21