The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 signed by President Obama states, "Individuals making more than $250,000 will be asked to pay a little more to help reduce the deficit through a combination of increased tax rates and reduced tax benefits." In "The Law," Frederic Bastiat stated legal plunder as "if the law benefits one citizen at the expense of another by doing what the citizen himself cannot do without committing a crime."
I oppose this act because it would be considered a crime, and government shouldn't be allowed to have more power and right than the people. Law is meant to punish plunder and restrict the government — not the people.
James Timothy Cisneros
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- My view: Doing away with cursive is bad idea...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 62
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28