The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 signed by President Obama states, "Individuals making more than $250,000 will be asked to pay a little more to help reduce the deficit through a combination of increased tax rates and reduced tax benefits." In "The Law," Frederic Bastiat stated legal plunder as "if the law benefits one citizen at the expense of another by doing what the citizen himself cannot do without committing a crime."
I oppose this act because it would be considered a crime, and government shouldn't be allowed to have more power and right than the people. Law is meant to punish plunder and restrict the government — not the people.
James Timothy Cisneros
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult...
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach
- Letter: Utah's birthright
- My view: Utah's public education system:...
- Socratic observations — Politics are...
- Doug Robinson: So little time, so many...
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line...
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 55
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 51
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 37
- John Florez: Corporate or public... 31
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 29
- Letter: Whole story 28
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 27