The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 signed by President Obama states, "Individuals making more than $250,000 will be asked to pay a little more to help reduce the deficit through a combination of increased tax rates and reduced tax benefits." In "The Law," Frederic Bastiat stated legal plunder as "if the law benefits one citizen at the expense of another by doing what the citizen himself cannot do without committing a crime."
I oppose this act because it would be considered a crime, and government shouldn't be allowed to have more power and right than the people. Law is meant to punish plunder and restrict the government — not the people.
James Timothy Cisneros
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- Join the discussion: Is bipartisanship making...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 79
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- Letter: Utah's birthright 46
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Letter: Irreparable damage 42
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 38
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37