In answer to John Grayson's question, North Korea's leadership has professed their intent to preemptively strike the U.S. on multiple occasions, and they are openly seeking long range nuclear capability ("Sanctions inhumane," April 27). Iran also openly professes hatred against us and is pursuing similar nuclear intentions.
The sanctions imposed by the U.S. are not torturing and starving innocent people. The corrupt governments of these countries do a good enough job of that. The sanctions are in place to protect U.S. interests and lives.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 82
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 49
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36