In answer to John Grayson's question, North Korea's leadership has professed their intent to preemptively strike the U.S. on multiple occasions, and they are openly seeking long range nuclear capability ("Sanctions inhumane," April 27). Iran also openly professes hatred against us and is pursuing similar nuclear intentions.
The sanctions imposed by the U.S. are not torturing and starving innocent people. The corrupt governments of these countries do a good enough job of that. The sanctions are in place to protect U.S. interests and lives.
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Letter: Moral decline
- Letter: My sons
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Jay Evensen: U2's 'free' album highlights...
- Who likes Obama's ISIS plan, and who doesn't
- Letter: Moral decline 87
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 65
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 55
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial... 25