In answer to John Grayson's question, North Korea's leadership has professed their intent to preemptively strike the U.S. on multiple occasions, and they are openly seeking long range nuclear capability ("Sanctions inhumane," April 27). Iran also openly professes hatred against us and is pursuing similar nuclear intentions.
The sanctions imposed by the U.S. are not torturing and starving innocent people. The corrupt governments of these countries do a good enough job of that. The sanctions are in place to protect U.S. interests and lives.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Ask a veteran about their health care
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 35
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 29
- President should not act without... 28