In answer to John Grayson's question, North Korea's leadership has professed their intent to preemptively strike the U.S. on multiple occasions, and they are openly seeking long range nuclear capability ("Sanctions inhumane," April 27). Iran also openly professes hatred against us and is pursuing similar nuclear intentions.
The sanctions imposed by the U.S. are not torturing and starving innocent people. The corrupt governments of these countries do a good enough job of that. The sanctions are in place to protect U.S. interests and lives.
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 109
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 52
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 46
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 33