In answer to John Grayson's question, North Korea's leadership has professed their intent to preemptively strike the U.S. on multiple occasions, and they are openly seeking long range nuclear capability ("Sanctions inhumane," April 27). Iran also openly professes hatred against us and is pursuing similar nuclear intentions.
The sanctions imposed by the U.S. are not torturing and starving innocent people. The corrupt governments of these countries do a good enough job of that. The sanctions are in place to protect U.S. interests and lives.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Letter: Police not the problem
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- In our opinion: Utah sees improvement in...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 57
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 38
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 34
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30