Ross D. Franklin, Associated Press
PHOENIX (AP) — Gerardo Parra tripled and scored twice, and Josh Wilson had a run-scoring double to help lead the Arizona Diamondbacks to a 4-2 win over the Colorado Rockies on Sunday.
Rockies All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki was lifted in the bottom of the third inning because of a strained left shoulder.
Patrick Corbin threw five scoreless innings before tiring in his final inning-plus. Corbin (3-0) allowed two runs on nine hits over 6 2-3 innings and struck out five for his first win in four starts against the Rockies.
J.J. Putz pitched the ninth for his fifth save for the Diamondbacks, who took three of four from the Rockies and have won five of their past six, none by more than two runs.
Colorado has two wins in last eight games after opening the season 13-4 and fell into a first-place tie with Arizona in the NL West.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- High school boys basketball: Viewmont's...
- Morning links: Utah coaching job ranked; NFL...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 87
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 79
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 53
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 42
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 28