Ross D. Franklin, Associated Press
PHOENIX (AP) — Gerardo Parra tripled and scored twice, and Josh Wilson had a run-scoring double to help lead the Arizona Diamondbacks to a 4-2 win over the Colorado Rockies on Sunday.
Rockies All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki was lifted in the bottom of the third inning because of a strained left shoulder.
Patrick Corbin threw five scoreless innings before tiring in his final inning-plus. Corbin (3-0) allowed two runs on nine hits over 6 2-3 innings and struck out five for his first win in four starts against the Rockies.
J.J. Putz pitched the ninth for his fifth save for the Diamondbacks, who took three of four from the Rockies and have won five of their past six, none by more than two runs.
Colorado has two wins in last eight games after opening the season 13-4 and fell into a first-place tie with Arizona in the NL West.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 24