Ross D. Franklin, Associated Press
PHOENIX (AP) — Gerardo Parra tripled and scored twice, and Josh Wilson had a run-scoring double to help lead the Arizona Diamondbacks to a 4-2 win over the Colorado Rockies on Sunday.
Rockies All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki was lifted in the bottom of the third inning because of a strained left shoulder.
Patrick Corbin threw five scoreless innings before tiring in his final inning-plus. Corbin (3-0) allowed two runs on nine hits over 6 2-3 innings and struck out five for his first win in four starts against the Rockies.
J.J. Putz pitched the ninth for his fifth save for the Diamondbacks, who took three of four from the Rockies and have won five of their past six, none by more than two runs.
Colorado has two wins in last eight games after opening the season 13-4 and fell into a first-place tie with Arizona in the NL West.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45