Robinson then fouled out when he charged into Williams with just over a minute left. Lopez got fouled with 48.7 seconds left and made the first free throw to tie it at 127 before missing the second. Boozer got the rebound, but Deng missed a jumper with 30 seconds left.
Johnson then missed one for Brooklyn with about six seconds left. Noah was blocked by Lopez, the ball bouncing out of bounds, and the game went to a third overtime after the inbounds pass deflected off the Bulls center and hit the rim.
Robinson came close to missing the second half and overtimes altogether.
He and Watson got tangled up in the second quarter and went crashing into the scorers' table in the second quarter. They exchanged shoves, but the referees decided not to eject them.
Instead, they each got technicals and Robinson — who was guarding Watson — picked up a personal foul. But later, he perked up just as the Nets were ready to put this one away.
"I tease Coach (Tom Thibodeau) a lot because it seems like every shot I shoot he's mad," Robinson said, laughing. "At the same time, it's basketball. He does a great job of putting us in position to be successful."
When this is the result, Thibodeau will take it.
"He hit big shot after big shot," he said. "That's what makes him so valuable. We got him going and he had a great run. He just played a great game."
The Bulls also got a big performance from Kirk Hinrich, who finished with 18 points and 14 assists. Boozer scored 21, Jimmy Butler added 16, and Noah chipped in with 15 points and 13 rebounds. He also played more than 38 minutes even though Thibodeau had said he would be limited to about 25 to 30 because of the plantar fasciitis in his right foot.
Williams hit the 30-point mark in a playoff game for the seventh time in his career and had 10 assists. Lopez added 26 points and 11 rebounds, and Johnson scored 22 despite being bothered lately by plantar fasciitis in his left foot.
"Honestly, this is definitely a game we let get away," Johnson said. "It's disappointing, but the series isn't over."
NOTES: Nets coach P.J. Carlesimo said before the game that he talked to Wallace about his role after the veteran forward wondered where he fit with the team. Wallace wasn't thrilled after sitting out the entire fourth quarter in Game 3. "Hopefully, we've done a better job of letting Gerald know the things that are important for him to do to help us be successful," Carlesimo said. ... Robinson's 34 points were the most ever in a playoff game by a Bulls reserve, and his 23 in the fourth were one shy of the club postseason record for any quarter. Michael Jordan scored 24 in the fourth at Philadelphia in Game 3 of the conference semifinals in 1990. ... The Bulls set franchise playoff records for points and made field goals (58).
- BYU football hosts 'Friday Night Lights'...
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date with...
- Utah football: Booker's return lifts offense,...
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL president...
- Brad Rock: Utes have Duked it out with big...
- Photo gallery: BYU players perform for NFL...
- NCAA 'service work' has been eye-opening for...
- Former UNC coach Dean Smith willed $200 to...
- Utes to face Duke in the Sweet 16... 207
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill is making a... 31
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 26
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- It's Coach K vs. Coach K as Utah... 22
- Ogden chooses to play as an independent... 21
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21