Why do we continue to torture the millions of ordinary North Korean and Iranian people by our inhumane technique of sanctions? Does anyone believe that the elite of North Korea or Iran are being inconvenienced by these sanctions? Why do we threaten and try to intimidate North Korea by flying our bombers (carrying nuclear weapons) along their borders? Are North Korea and Iran not sovereign nations just as we, and all the other nations of the world are?
The U.S., Russia, China, Israel, Pakistan, India and France have thousands of nuclear weapons. Why are North Korea and Iran prohibited from having any? If I were North Korea or Iran, my message to the U.S. would be: "Give us liberty or give us death. We will not bow down to Washington, D.C., any more than you would bow down to King George a few hundred years ago. Let us, who live in this country, solve our own problems and live lives we want to live. If you insist on being the policemen of the world, please do so in those countries that want you to be their policemen. Don't tread on us!"
John F. Grayson
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Ask a veteran about their health care
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 42
- Letter: American billionaires 35
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- President should not act without... 28