Why do we continue to torture the millions of ordinary North Korean and Iranian people by our inhumane technique of sanctions? Does anyone believe that the elite of North Korea or Iran are being inconvenienced by these sanctions? Why do we threaten and try to intimidate North Korea by flying our bombers (carrying nuclear weapons) along their borders? Are North Korea and Iran not sovereign nations just as we, and all the other nations of the world are?
The U.S., Russia, China, Israel, Pakistan, India and France have thousands of nuclear weapons. Why are North Korea and Iran prohibited from having any? If I were North Korea or Iran, my message to the U.S. would be: "Give us liberty or give us death. We will not bow down to Washington, D.C., any more than you would bow down to King George a few hundred years ago. Let us, who live in this country, solve our own problems and live lives we want to live. If you insist on being the policemen of the world, please do so in those countries that want you to be their policemen. Don't tread on us!"
John F. Grayson
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- My view: Mayor Biskupski deserves to build...
- Richard Davis: Why do I serve?
- In our opinion: National security and... 74
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 54
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 30
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 28
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: Coal and job creation 18