Every time I see a comment that refers to teachers teaching to the test, I just don't get it. What would you have us teach to? Let's say you are going hunting for deer. Would you practice shooting before you go? I hope so. Well, you practice shooting at the target. Teaching to the test is helping students aim at the right target.
We don't teach the exact answers to the test questions. We can't even see the exact questions that will be on the test. Teaching to the test is teaching to a target. We teach how to take the test and use sample questions to help our students aim in the right direction. I certainly hope this helps those who think teaching to the test is a bad thing to gain some understanding of what that really means.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- Letter: Uninformed candidate
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our frank...
- In our opinion: Where has the family values...
- Letter: Bad calls and no-calls
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 134
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 86
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 49
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 30
- Charles Krauthammer: We need to... 27
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25