Recently, Senate Minority leader Mitch McConnell has come under fire for the contents of a bugging operation. He made some unflattering comments against a potential opponent, Ashley Judd. A few weeks before this fiasco he said the potential 2016 Democratic presidential ticket resembled something from "Golden Girls." This type of politics of finger-pointing and backstabbing is uncalled for and with all the serious issues that we face as a nation doesn't help the national conversation for finding positive solutions to our problems.
We need leaders that are problem solvers. Finger-pointers have had their 15 minutes of fame and need to go. We need leaders that will add to the national conversation.
West Valley City
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 15