Recently, Senate Minority leader Mitch McConnell has come under fire for the contents of a bugging operation. He made some unflattering comments against a potential opponent, Ashley Judd. A few weeks before this fiasco he said the potential 2016 Democratic presidential ticket resembled something from "Golden Girls." This type of politics of finger-pointing and backstabbing is uncalled for and with all the serious issues that we face as a nation doesn't help the national conversation for finding positive solutions to our problems.
We need leaders that are problem solvers. Finger-pointers have had their 15 minutes of fame and need to go. We need leaders that will add to the national conversation.
West Valley City
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 72
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 56
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 29
- Letter: Prison nonsense 27
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 25
- George F. Will: America’s welfare... 22