Recently, Senate Minority leader Mitch McConnell has come under fire for the contents of a bugging operation. He made some unflattering comments against a potential opponent, Ashley Judd. A few weeks before this fiasco he said the potential 2016 Democratic presidential ticket resembled something from "Golden Girls." This type of politics of finger-pointing and backstabbing is uncalled for and with all the serious issues that we face as a nation doesn't help the national conversation for finding positive solutions to our problems.
We need leaders that are problem solvers. Finger-pointers have had their 15 minutes of fame and need to go. We need leaders that will add to the national conversation.
West Valley City
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- In our opinion: Let FAA, not Utah...
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 104
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 95
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 45
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 39
- In our opinion: On Holder's heels... 34