Recently, Senate Minority leader Mitch McConnell has come under fire for the contents of a bugging operation. He made some unflattering comments against a potential opponent, Ashley Judd. A few weeks before this fiasco he said the potential 2016 Democratic presidential ticket resembled something from "Golden Girls." This type of politics of finger-pointing and backstabbing is uncalled for and with all the serious issues that we face as a nation doesn't help the national conversation for finding positive solutions to our problems.
We need leaders that are problem solvers. Finger-pointers have had their 15 minutes of fame and need to go. We need leaders that will add to the national conversation.
West Valley City
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 75
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 40
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is it impossible... 32