Recently, Senate Minority leader Mitch McConnell has come under fire for the contents of a bugging operation. He made some unflattering comments against a potential opponent, Ashley Judd. A few weeks before this fiasco he said the potential 2016 Democratic presidential ticket resembled something from "Golden Girls." This type of politics of finger-pointing and backstabbing is uncalled for and with all the serious issues that we face as a nation doesn't help the national conversation for finding positive solutions to our problems.
We need leaders that are problem solvers. Finger-pointers have had their 15 minutes of fame and need to go. We need leaders that will add to the national conversation.
West Valley City
- Dan Liljenquist: In order to confront... 42
- Kathleen Parker: Republican candidates... 38
- Letter: Medically fragile 33
- Letter: Harmful side effects 23
- Mark Reynolds: Pipeline alternatives... 23
- Allowing export of U.S. crude oil would... 22
- In our opinion: Hughes, House and... 22
- Require a civics test? Americans have a... 20