High school sports: Wednesday's boys soccer, baseball and softball results
DAVIS 13, FREMONT 0: The Darts flew past the Silver Wolves as they scored 13 runs and held the home squad from scoring any runs. Davis' Bronson Larsen was great as he hit a double and a home run.
WEST 7, VIEWMONT 3: West had 14 hits as it scored seven runs and secured the road victory. Alex Espinoza was the winning pitcher for the Panthers and he helped himself as he hit a double.
KEARNS 14, HUNTER 4: Jordan Floyd finished the game 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles and RBIs, and Kearns scored runs in each inning to pick up the region victory at home.
TAYLORSVILLE 5, GRANGER 1: Jordan West picked up the win on the mound, as Taylorsville played solid defensively to improve to 6-1 in region play.
COPPER HILLS 6, WEST JORDAN 5: Copper Hills edged out West Jordan for the road victory, as it scored five of its six total runs in the second and third innings. Nick Heath was solid for the Grizzlies, hitting a double and a home run.
ALTA 9, JORDAN 5: Chipper Lucero led the Alta batting rotation with a double and a triple, and the Hawks moved into sole possession of second place in Region 3 with a solid outing. A five-run sixth inning for Alta was the difference in the game.
RIVERTON 9, LONE PEAK 7: Riverton built the early lead, and was able to cruise past Lone Peak despite giving up five runs in the sixth inning. Jared White slugged a home run for the Silverwolves.
BINGHAM 5, AMERICAN FORK 3: Bingham crossed home plate five times in the third inning, and held of a late American Fork rally to take a much needed region win on the road. Brennon Lund got the win on the mound for the Miners.
PLEASANT GROVE 7, LEHI 5: McKay Lewis, Easton Walker and TJ Wind each hit a double, and Pleasant Grove out hit Lehi 13-7 in a narrow region victory on the road. Cody Webb smacked a pair of doubles in the Pioneers loss.
MOUNTAIN CREST 7, BONNEVILLE 0: Ben Weese earned the win for the Mustangs.
ROY 4, BOX ELDER 1: Braxton Patton pitched the win for Roy, giving up one hit in the much need region victory at home.
OLYMPUS 12, WESTLAKE 8: Olympus hit the ball well Wednesday night, with Zac Rosin going 2-for-4 at the plate with a double and a triple in the region win. Seven of the Titans' runs came in the fifth inning.
SKYLINE 8, HILLCREST 6: After 10 innings of solid baseball, Skyline ended the game with two-runs in the final innings to avoid the upset at Hillcrest. Four Skyline players hit doubles in the battle.
MURRAY 6, HERRIMAN 2: Spencer Downs improved to 3-0 in the complete-game outing.
JUAN DIEGO 16, PARK CITY 9: Juan Diego finished the game with a six-run seventh inning to bury Park City. Easton Withers added a double and a triple, as the Soaring Eagle handed the home team its first region loss of the season.
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl...
- BYU reaches 9-win plateau, hoping for bowl...
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA career...
- Utah Jazz excited for a crack at undefeated...
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- College Football: Utah moves back into top...
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's...
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 103
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 67
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 49
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 46
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 36
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 35
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34