SUU TAKES 3RD, WSU 7TH AT GOLF TOURNEY
CHANDLER, Ariz. — Southern Utah shot its best round of the tournament Tuesday, 295, to finish at 37-over par 901 and tied for third place in the Thunderbirds' first Big Sky women's golf tournament.
It is the highest finish at a conference tournament in SUU women's golf history.
Sophomore Monica Jung led the way for the Thunderbirds at 1-under par 71 while senior Sadie Palmer shot even par. Palmer birdied four holes on the back nine to finish all alone in eighth place at 3-over par 219 while Jung was 17th at 227 after birdying four holes on the front nine and another on the back side.
SUU finished tied with Northern Colorado at 901, 19 shots behind conference champion Northern Arizona and 15 back of second-place Portland State. Eastern Washington finished sixth at 911, followed by Weber State (915), Montana (919), Montana State (922), North Dakota (995) and Idaho State (1,007).
REGIONAL BOXING TOURNEY COMING UP
SALT LAKE CITY — The Regional Golden Gloves Tournament will be held at the Sorenson Unity Center, 1383 S. 900 West, on Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m.
This tournament boasts the state champions from Utah, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming to see who will move on to the National Golden Gloves Tournament that Salt Lake will be hosting May 13-18 at the Salt Palace Convention Center.
- Ranking the best free agents in the NBA
- Ranking the best fits for the Utah Jazz in...
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents may...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for...
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to be...
- Jazz in talks with German center Pleiss,...
- The U.S. women’s national soccer team...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 86
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 51
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 42
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 33
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen... 27
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 25