SUU TAKES 3RD, WSU 7TH AT GOLF TOURNEY
CHANDLER, Ariz. — Southern Utah shot its best round of the tournament Tuesday, 295, to finish at 37-over par 901 and tied for third place in the Thunderbirds' first Big Sky women's golf tournament.
It is the highest finish at a conference tournament in SUU women's golf history.
Sophomore Monica Jung led the way for the Thunderbirds at 1-under par 71 while senior Sadie Palmer shot even par. Palmer birdied four holes on the back nine to finish all alone in eighth place at 3-over par 219 while Jung was 17th at 227 after birdying four holes on the front nine and another on the back side.
SUU finished tied with Northern Colorado at 901, 19 shots behind conference champion Northern Arizona and 15 back of second-place Portland State. Eastern Washington finished sixth at 911, followed by Weber State (915), Montana (919), Montana State (922), North Dakota (995) and Idaho State (1,007).
REGIONAL BOXING TOURNEY COMING UP
SALT LAKE CITY — The Regional Golden Gloves Tournament will be held at the Sorenson Unity Center, 1383 S. 900 West, on Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m.
This tournament boasts the state champions from Utah, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming to see who will move on to the National Golden Gloves Tournament that Salt Lake will be hosting May 13-18 at the Salt Palace Convention Center.
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 24
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14