125 coaches from Division I football programs were ranked based on wins, championships, recruiting, history at previous jobs, future potential and other factors.
Current Utah coach Kyle Whittingham is ranked 36 and former Utah State and current Wisconsin coach Gary Andersen is ranked 50. Matt Wells, who was hired to replace Andersen, is ranked 109.
Saban, whose Alabama team has been dominant for the past few seasons, was the obvious choice for best coach in the nation. Meyer, who was ranked second, who quietly came off of an undefeated seasons with Ohio State because of sanctions against the school, has continued to solidify his reputation for developing elite college quarterbacks.
Chris Petersen of Boise State, Bob Stoops of Oklahoma and Brian Kelly of Notre Dame round out the top five.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 28
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22