125 coaches from Division I football programs were ranked based on wins, championships, recruiting, history at previous jobs, future potential and other factors.
Current Utah coach Kyle Whittingham is ranked 36 and former Utah State and current Wisconsin coach Gary Andersen is ranked 50. Matt Wells, who was hired to replace Andersen, is ranked 109.
Saban, whose Alabama team has been dominant for the past few seasons, was the obvious choice for best coach in the nation. Meyer, who was ranked second, who quietly came off of an undefeated seasons with Ohio State because of sanctions against the school, has continued to solidify his reputation for developing elite college quarterbacks.
Chris Petersen of Boise State, Bob Stoops of Oklahoma and Brian Kelly of Notre Dame round out the top five.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25