125 coaches from Division I football programs were ranked based on wins, championships, recruiting, history at previous jobs, future potential and other factors.
Current Utah coach Kyle Whittingham is ranked 36 and former Utah State and current Wisconsin coach Gary Andersen is ranked 50. Matt Wells, who was hired to replace Andersen, is ranked 109.
Saban, whose Alabama team has been dominant for the past few seasons, was the obvious choice for best coach in the nation. Meyer, who was ranked second, who quietly came off of an undefeated seasons with Ohio State because of sanctions against the school, has continued to solidify his reputation for developing elite college quarterbacks.
Chris Petersen of Boise State, Bob Stoops of Oklahoma and Brian Kelly of Notre Dame round out the top five.
- Is independence a viable option for BYU, or...
- BYU football: 10 players to buy stock in
- Utah Jazz almost on the clock to match Gordon...
- Jimmer Fredette returns to Provo to talk...
- BYU football: 10 players poised for breakout...
- Jazz rookie Rodney Hood starting to feel more...
- 10 with ties to Utah set for NBA Summer...
- Big turnout of fans buoys Jazz
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to... 276
- BYU-Utah rated nation's 12th-best... 117
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with... 65
- Is independence a viable option for... 55
- 4 Utah college football players named... 30
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt... 29
- Utah Jazz almost on the clock to match... 25
- Jimmer Fredette returns to Provo to... 13