125 coaches from Division I football programs were ranked based on wins, championships, recruiting, history at previous jobs, future potential and other factors.
Current Utah coach Kyle Whittingham is ranked 36 and former Utah State and current Wisconsin coach Gary Andersen is ranked 50. Matt Wells, who was hired to replace Andersen, is ranked 109.
Saban, whose Alabama team has been dominant for the past few seasons, was the obvious choice for best coach in the nation. Meyer, who was ranked second, who quietly came off of an undefeated seasons with Ohio State because of sanctions against the school, has continued to solidify his reputation for developing elite college quarterbacks.
Chris Petersen of Boise State, Bob Stoops of Oklahoma and Brian Kelly of Notre Dame round out the top five.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 97
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 54
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33