LEHI — A charter school has announced plans for an $8 million building project to house a space education center.
The Daily Herald in Provo reports Renaissance Academy executive director Marc Ursic unveiled the plans last week for the Farpoint Institute to be built in north Lehi.
Ursic says the center will be based on programs developed by Victor Williamson. Williamson is the former director of the Alpine School District's space center at Central Elementary and chairman of the Space EdVentures Foundation.
Ursic says the new addition to the campus will also house the middle school classes.
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Unwarranted drug database search prompts new...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14