LEHI — A charter school has announced plans for an $8 million building project to house a space education center.
The Daily Herald in Provo reports Renaissance Academy executive director Marc Ursic unveiled the plans last week for the Farpoint Institute to be built in north Lehi.
Ursic says the center will be based on programs developed by Victor Williamson. Williamson is the former director of the Alpine School District's space center at Central Elementary and chairman of the Space EdVentures Foundation.
Ursic says the new addition to the campus will also house the middle school classes.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8