LEHI — A charter school has announced plans for an $8 million building project to house a space education center.
The Daily Herald in Provo reports Renaissance Academy executive director Marc Ursic unveiled the plans last week for the Farpoint Institute to be built in north Lehi.
Ursic says the center will be based on programs developed by Victor Williamson. Williamson is the former director of the Alpine School District's space center at Central Elementary and chairman of the Space EdVentures Foundation.
Ursic says the new addition to the campus will also house the middle school classes.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26