LEHI — A charter school has announced plans for an $8 million building project to house a space education center.
The Daily Herald in Provo reports Renaissance Academy executive director Marc Ursic unveiled the plans last week for the Farpoint Institute to be built in north Lehi.
Ursic says the center will be based on programs developed by Victor Williamson. Williamson is the former director of the Alpine School District's space center at Central Elementary and chairman of the Space EdVentures Foundation.
Ursic says the new addition to the campus will also house the middle school classes.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 156
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 60
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 45
- Police release names of officers... 31
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 29
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18