Tom Smart, Deseret News
As a card-carrying Democrat, though "centrist," I often take what I read in the Deseret News with a grain of salt. But I absolutely agree with Brian Meyers' objection to Jim Dabakis' consistent sarcasm ("Dabakis disrespectful," Readers' Forum, April 16). I've never heard legitimate insight or information from him. He must think his trash talk is funny. It is not.
Honestly, did we really choose Dabakis over former Mayor Peter Corroon for the unexpired term of then State Sen. Ben McAdams? And his participation in a KSL interview some time ago was an embarrassment. Utah Democrats are gaining many reasons to distance themselves from their party. Jim Dabakis is one of them. Where do the Independents meet?
Peggy Acomb Wade
Salt Lake City
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 49
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- Letter: Elected representatives 24
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 19