Tom Smart, Deseret News
As a card-carrying Democrat, though "centrist," I often take what I read in the Deseret News with a grain of salt. But I absolutely agree with Brian Meyers' objection to Jim Dabakis' consistent sarcasm ("Dabakis disrespectful," Readers' Forum, April 16). I've never heard legitimate insight or information from him. He must think his trash talk is funny. It is not.
Honestly, did we really choose Dabakis over former Mayor Peter Corroon for the unexpired term of then State Sen. Ben McAdams? And his participation in a KSL interview some time ago was an embarrassment. Utah Democrats are gaining many reasons to distance themselves from their party. Jim Dabakis is one of them. Where do the Independents meet?
Peggy Acomb Wade
Salt Lake City
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- Capitalism and the common good: Fairness,...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 47
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 38
- Capitalism and the common good:... 37
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 36