Tom Smart, Deseret News
As a card-carrying Democrat, though "centrist," I often take what I read in the Deseret News with a grain of salt. But I absolutely agree with Brian Meyers' objection to Jim Dabakis' consistent sarcasm ("Dabakis disrespectful," Readers' Forum, April 16). I've never heard legitimate insight or information from him. He must think his trash talk is funny. It is not.
Honestly, did we really choose Dabakis over former Mayor Peter Corroon for the unexpired term of then State Sen. Ben McAdams? And his participation in a KSL interview some time ago was an embarrassment. Utah Democrats are gaining many reasons to distance themselves from their party. Jim Dabakis is one of them. Where do the Independents meet?
Peggy Acomb Wade
Salt Lake City
- John Florez: The key to El Paso is understanding
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is doomed
- Letter: Constitutional republic
- In our opinion: Utah proud to be cutting edge...
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's...
- Kathleen Parker: Karma tastes rich in new,...
- My view: Convention equality for those in...
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes sense
- In our opinion: People desire fair,... 49
- In our opinion: The public health... 39
- Letter: Constitutional republic 29
- Letter: Utah GOP divided 28
- Richard Davis: Medical marijuana issue... 24
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 23
- Letter: Respect the governor 21
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is... 19