Tom Smart, Deseret News
As a card-carrying Democrat, though "centrist," I often take what I read in the Deseret News with a grain of salt. But I absolutely agree with Brian Meyers' objection to Jim Dabakis' consistent sarcasm ("Dabakis disrespectful," Readers' Forum, April 16). I've never heard legitimate insight or information from him. He must think his trash talk is funny. It is not.
Honestly, did we really choose Dabakis over former Mayor Peter Corroon for the unexpired term of then State Sen. Ben McAdams? And his participation in a KSL interview some time ago was an embarrassment. Utah Democrats are gaining many reasons to distance themselves from their party. Jim Dabakis is one of them. Where do the Independents meet?
Peggy Acomb Wade
Salt Lake City
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- Charles Krauthammer: U.S. refuses to support...
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- Letter: Doctors unite
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not move...