Tom Smart, Deseret News
As a card-carrying Democrat, though "centrist," I often take what I read in the Deseret News with a grain of salt. But I absolutely agree with Brian Meyers' objection to Jim Dabakis' consistent sarcasm ("Dabakis disrespectful," Readers' Forum, April 16). I've never heard legitimate insight or information from him. He must think his trash talk is funny. It is not.
Honestly, did we really choose Dabakis over former Mayor Peter Corroon for the unexpired term of then State Sen. Ben McAdams? And his participation in a KSL interview some time ago was an embarrassment. Utah Democrats are gaining many reasons to distance themselves from their party. Jim Dabakis is one of them. Where do the Independents meet?
Peggy Acomb Wade
Salt Lake City
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude...
- Letter: Growing party divide
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, ride sharing is...
- In our opinion: Smoking aside, Utah can still...
- Lois M. Collins: Daddy-daughter duo turn trip...
- My view: Education is the key to our state's...
- My view: Improvements needed in AG’s...
- In our opinion: Keystone Pipeline... 67
- Letter: Where jobs come from 64
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 50
- Letter: Growing party divide 44
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 35
- Letter: Speed limit increase 26
- Robert Bennett: It looks to be a good... 23