Tom Smart, Deseret News
As a card-carrying Democrat, though "centrist," I often take what I read in the Deseret News with a grain of salt. But I absolutely agree with Brian Meyers' objection to Jim Dabakis' consistent sarcasm ("Dabakis disrespectful," Readers' Forum, April 16). I've never heard legitimate insight or information from him. He must think his trash talk is funny. It is not.
Honestly, did we really choose Dabakis over former Mayor Peter Corroon for the unexpired term of then State Sen. Ben McAdams? And his participation in a KSL interview some time ago was an embarrassment. Utah Democrats are gaining many reasons to distance themselves from their party. Jim Dabakis is one of them. Where do the Independents meet?
Peggy Acomb Wade
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- In our opinion: The lesson of international...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Charles Krauthammer: The 'establishment'...
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 51
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 20
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 17
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 16
- Letter: Leave public land alone 14
- Letter: How to improve our air 12
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 12
- Is it time for our first woman president? 11