Two series which promise to be highly entertaining feature Denver (57-25), which was nearly invincible (38-1) at home this season, against Golden State (47-35) in a run-and-gun matchup that'll be mighty fun to watch, and the L.A. Clippers vs. Memphis — both teams finished 56-26 — in what shapes up as a dandy showdown that could go either way.
The Nuggets are a great team despite not having a true superstar, just a bunch of very solid?players who know their roles — including former Jazz center Kosta Koufos and former University of Utah great Andre Miller — and play them well.
The Warriors will counter with hot-shooting guard Stephen Curry and versatile big man David Lee, and hope to get strong inside play from another ex-U. of U. star, Andrew Bogut.
The Clippers have their own inside-outside, one-two punch in Blake Griffin and Chris Paul, while the Grizzlies' inside tandem of Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph lead the league's best defensive team. This series could be a grinder that goes the distance.
Still, the Thunder and Spurs are definitely the second- and third-best teams in the league, and which one of them eventually emerges as the top dog out West is anybody's guess.
But, seriously, when all is said and done, can either one of those teams?beat the Heat? For that matter, can anybody else?
Only two things, it seems, stand in the way of a Miami championship repeat.
If LeBron gets hurt — something only the worst Heat hater would wish for, and something most true?and classy sports fans would hate to see happen.
Or if there's an unseasonably chilly cold spell and it starts snowing in Miami in June — and the Heat suddenly go awfully cold along with it.
And let's face it — that just ain't gonna happen.
- Will BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson play vs....
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks about...
- Ranking the best season by a quarterback in...
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on the...
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks off...
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- The good, the bad and the most likely:...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- College football predictions: How will... 137
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 62
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 48
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41
- True freshman Brad Kaaya beats out... 36