A sincere thanks to Sen. Stuart C. Reid for his comments regarding the place of religion in the marriage debate ("Religion's place in the marriage debate," April 16). He properly stated the need for everyone to be tolerant of others though their philosophies and behavior are different than our own. More importantly, he very ably expressed the need for our laws to uphold the standards that were established by wise men and have proven to be beneficial over a long period of time.
It can be seen all around us that people's hearts and minds are readily changed and not always for the good. On the other hand, the standards taught in the Bible were correct and for our best good when they were given and their author has never changed them.
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- My view: Online purchases are not tax-free
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- In our opinion: National security and... 31
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 23
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 12