A sincere thanks to Sen. Stuart C. Reid for his comments regarding the place of religion in the marriage debate ("Religion's place in the marriage debate," April 16). He properly stated the need for everyone to be tolerant of others though their philosophies and behavior are different than our own. More importantly, he very ably expressed the need for our laws to uphold the standards that were established by wise men and have proven to be beneficial over a long period of time.
It can be seen all around us that people's hearts and minds are readily changed and not always for the good. On the other hand, the standards taught in the Bible were correct and for our best good when they were given and their author has never changed them.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- Jay Evensen: Unfortunately, Canada may never...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Michael Gerson: The new impression of Ebola...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 73
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 34
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues 24