A sincere thanks to Sen. Stuart C. Reid for his comments regarding the place of religion in the marriage debate ("Religion's place in the marriage debate," April 16). He properly stated the need for everyone to be tolerant of others though their philosophies and behavior are different than our own. More importantly, he very ably expressed the need for our laws to uphold the standards that were established by wise men and have proven to be beneficial over a long period of time.
It can be seen all around us that people's hearts and minds are readily changed and not always for the good. On the other hand, the standards taught in the Bible were correct and for our best good when they were given and their author has never changed them.
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- In our opinion: FDA must consider regulating...
- In our opinion: In an entrepreneurial...
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The reality...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of bullying
- Letter: The ACA's 'Cadillac plans'
- Letter: Homework load is fine
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 45
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 42
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 28
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term... 26