A sincere thanks to Sen. Stuart C. Reid for his comments regarding the place of religion in the marriage debate ("Religion's place in the marriage debate," April 16). He properly stated the need for everyone to be tolerant of others though their philosophies and behavior are different than our own. More importantly, he very ably expressed the need for our laws to uphold the standards that were established by wise men and have proven to be beneficial over a long period of time.
It can be seen all around us that people's hearts and minds are readily changed and not always for the good. On the other hand, the standards taught in the Bible were correct and for our best good when they were given and their author has never changed them.
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 96
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 43
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 28
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are... 21