A sincere thanks to Sen. Stuart C. Reid for his comments regarding the place of religion in the marriage debate ("Religion's place in the marriage debate," April 16). He properly stated the need for everyone to be tolerant of others though their philosophies and behavior are different than our own. More importantly, he very ably expressed the need for our laws to uphold the standards that were established by wise men and have proven to be beneficial over a long period of time.
It can be seen all around us that people's hearts and minds are readily changed and not always for the good. On the other hand, the standards taught in the Bible were correct and for our best good when they were given and their author has never changed them.
- In our opinion: Earmarks are becoming a...
- The winners and the losers
- Letter: Elected representatives
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- In our opinion:: Nelson Mandela left legacy...
- If Iran truly wants only nuclear energy, it...
- Letter: No limits
- Michael Gerson: Cancer has helped me see life...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 53
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 34
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 20
- Letter: No limits 19
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an... 11
- In our opinion:: Nelson Mandela left... 11