Have you completed your 2012 income tax form(s) yet? How long did you spend gathering all your receipts needed to prepare your income tax return? If you prepared your own tax return how much more time was required? If you engaged a professional tax preparer, how much did it cost you? Just complying with the income tax is a real burden. Doesn't this bother you just a little bit?
In a FairTax White Paper written by Karen Walby, Ph.D., and revised in 2012, one finds for every $4 paid in income tax by individuals it costs the taxpayer $5. For businesses it's even worse; it costs the business $143 to send $100 to Uncle Sam. A staggering $431 billion annually is wasted just paying our tax bill. And the mental anguish for months and lost sleep; it's so unnecessary. If the income tax was replaced with the FairTax, the government receives the same tax money, we don't waste $431 billion annually, there are no tax return forms to complete and April 15 becomes just another nice spring day. Yes, we can have this.
Glen E. Terrell
- About Utah: They got exactly what they wished...
- Letter: Shredded Constitution
- My view: TPA trade agreement counts as...
- My view: Poor federal stewardship threatens...
- Letter: Land for the young people
- Sistas in Zion: Reaction to racial violence...
- Letter: Sovereign flag
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school funds...
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 73
- Letter: Sovereign flag 45
- In our opinion: After court's marriage... 42
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: 7... 38
- In our opinion: In wake of ACA ruling,... 29
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 23
- George F. Will: Chief Justice John... 22
- Sistas in Zion: Reaction to racial... 18