TUCSON, Ariz. — Salt Lake committed four errors and their pitchers walked 10 Tucson batters, as the Padres rolled to a 12-4 win over the Bees on Friday night.
Tucson scored two runs in the first and two more in the third to go up 4-0 with two of those runs unearned. The Bees pulled to within two in the fourth on a leadoff homer by Efren Navarro and an RBI double by Jimmy Swift, but the Padres broke the game open with one run in the fifth and four more in the sixth with two of those runs unearned on a pair of Salt Lake errors.
Orangel Arenas (1-2) took the loss, as he went four innings and allowed four runs, two earned, on four hits with no strikeouts and three walks.
John Hester led the Bees with three hits, including two doubles, while Tommy Field added two hits and two runs batted in. Roberto Lopez had two hits to extend his hitting streak to eight games, while Swift stretched his streak to seven games.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24