TUCSON, Ariz. — Salt Lake committed four errors and their pitchers walked 10 Tucson batters, as the Padres rolled to a 12-4 win over the Bees on Friday night.
Tucson scored two runs in the first and two more in the third to go up 4-0 with two of those runs unearned. The Bees pulled to within two in the fourth on a leadoff homer by Efren Navarro and an RBI double by Jimmy Swift, but the Padres broke the game open with one run in the fifth and four more in the sixth with two of those runs unearned on a pair of Salt Lake errors.
Orangel Arenas (1-2) took the loss, as he went four innings and allowed four runs, two earned, on four hits with no strikeouts and three walks.
John Hester led the Bees with three hits, including two doubles, while Tommy Field added two hits and two runs batted in. Roberto Lopez had two hits to extend his hitting streak to eight games, while Swift stretched his streak to seven games.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 110
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 34
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20