TUCSON, Ariz. — Salt Lake committed four errors and their pitchers walked 10 Tucson batters, as the Padres rolled to a 12-4 win over the Bees on Friday night.
Tucson scored two runs in the first and two more in the third to go up 4-0 with two of those runs unearned. The Bees pulled to within two in the fourth on a leadoff homer by Efren Navarro and an RBI double by Jimmy Swift, but the Padres broke the game open with one run in the fifth and four more in the sixth with two of those runs unearned on a pair of Salt Lake errors.
Orangel Arenas (1-2) took the loss, as he went four innings and allowed four runs, two earned, on four hits with no strikeouts and three walks.
John Hester led the Bees with three hits, including two doubles, while Tommy Field added two hits and two runs batted in. Roberto Lopez had two hits to extend his hitting streak to eight games, while Swift stretched his streak to seven games.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- BYU jumps into national spotlight after big...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- Holmoe assesses the state of the program as...
- How about a Utah-BYU matchup in NCAA tournament?
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the NFL,...
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 106
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 77
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 64
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 31
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 27
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in... 24