Ben Margot, Associated Press
SAN FRANCISCO — Angel Pagan lined a game-ending double to right field with one out in the ninth inning, and the San Francisco Giants returned from a rough road trip to beat the San Diego Padres 3-2 on Friday night.
Santiago Casilla (2-1) struck out two in a 1-2-3 ninth for the win. Shortstop Brandon Crawford made a great pickup on Jesus Guzman's grounder for the second out.
Luke Gregerson (1-2) gave up Gregor Blanco's leadoff bloop single to shallow left to start the rally, then pinch-hitter Andres Torres reached on a fielder's choice and stole second before coming home on Pagan's hit. It was his first game-winning hit since last July 1 against the Reds.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 83
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24