Ben Margot, Associated Press
SAN FRANCISCO — Angel Pagan lined a game-ending double to right field with one out in the ninth inning, and the San Francisco Giants returned from a rough road trip to beat the San Diego Padres 3-2 on Friday night.
Santiago Casilla (2-1) struck out two in a 1-2-3 ninth for the win. Shortstop Brandon Crawford made a great pickup on Jesus Guzman's grounder for the second out.
Luke Gregerson (1-2) gave up Gregor Blanco's leadoff bloop single to shallow left to start the rally, then pinch-hitter Andres Torres reached on a fielder's choice and stole second before coming home on Pagan's hit. It was his first game-winning hit since last July 1 against the Reds.
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 63
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 32
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28