Ben Margot, Associated Press
SAN FRANCISCO — Angel Pagan lined a game-ending double to right field with one out in the ninth inning, and the San Francisco Giants returned from a rough road trip to beat the San Diego Padres 3-2 on Friday night.
Santiago Casilla (2-1) struck out two in a 1-2-3 ninth for the win. Shortstop Brandon Crawford made a great pickup on Jesus Guzman's grounder for the second out.
Luke Gregerson (1-2) gave up Gregor Blanco's leadoff bloop single to shallow left to start the rally, then pinch-hitter Andres Torres reached on a fielder's choice and stole second before coming home on Pagan's hit. It was his first game-winning hit since last July 1 against the Reds.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19