The name of the National Rifle Association (NRA) may need to be changed to URA (Un-American Rifle Association). Is a gun worth more than the life of fellow Americans? Why would anybody be against a law that may have the possibilities of reducing the number of killings? Do we need guns capable of killing 20 children in a school for our own protection? I am not sure, when even police officers, who have guns on them, are being killed and law officers, who had guns in their home, were also targeted and killed.
How is it possible for a 5-month-old child to defend himself when his dad shot him to death? It is time we wise up and a law be put in place to cut down on these unnecessary killings which are still happening every day. Why is our Congress stalling and wanting to filibuster this? This is difficult to comprehend.
Albertus Van Dyk
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Ask a veteran about their health care
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 35
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 29
- President should not act without... 28