The name of the National Rifle Association (NRA) may need to be changed to URA (Un-American Rifle Association). Is a gun worth more than the life of fellow Americans? Why would anybody be against a law that may have the possibilities of reducing the number of killings? Do we need guns capable of killing 20 children in a school for our own protection? I am not sure, when even police officers, who have guns on them, are being killed and law officers, who had guns in their home, were also targeted and killed.
How is it possible for a 5-month-old child to defend himself when his dad shot him to death? It is time we wise up and a law be put in place to cut down on these unnecessary killings which are still happening every day. Why is our Congress stalling and wanting to filibuster this? This is difficult to comprehend.
Albertus Van Dyk
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Letter: We can do better
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- In our opinion: Navajo Nation looks to combat...
- David Butterfield: Utah boxing legends...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 59
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 31
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 25
- Letter: We can do better 25
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 21
- Letter: Make healthy choices 13