The name of the National Rifle Association (NRA) may need to be changed to URA (Un-American Rifle Association). Is a gun worth more than the life of fellow Americans? Why would anybody be against a law that may have the possibilities of reducing the number of killings? Do we need guns capable of killing 20 children in a school for our own protection? I am not sure, when even police officers, who have guns on them, are being killed and law officers, who had guns in their home, were also targeted and killed.
How is it possible for a 5-month-old child to defend himself when his dad shot him to death? It is time we wise up and a law be put in place to cut down on these unnecessary killings which are still happening every day. Why is our Congress stalling and wanting to filibuster this? This is difficult to comprehend.
Albertus Van Dyk
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- Letter: A 'dying' document
- John Florez: Education — Big government...
- In our opinion: With caucus compromise, Utah...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- In our opinion: Prison relocation iffy
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 67
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 53
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 30
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21