The name of the National Rifle Association (NRA) may need to be changed to URA (Un-American Rifle Association). Is a gun worth more than the life of fellow Americans? Why would anybody be against a law that may have the possibilities of reducing the number of killings? Do we need guns capable of killing 20 children in a school for our own protection? I am not sure, when even police officers, who have guns on them, are being killed and law officers, who had guns in their home, were also targeted and killed.
How is it possible for a 5-month-old child to defend himself when his dad shot him to death? It is time we wise up and a law be put in place to cut down on these unnecessary killings which are still happening every day. Why is our Congress stalling and wanting to filibuster this? This is difficult to comprehend.
Albertus Van Dyk
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- Letter: The Romneys' new center
- My view: New treatment can cure Hepatitis C
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 71
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 39
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 29
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 26