The name of the National Rifle Association (NRA) may need to be changed to URA (Un-American Rifle Association). Is a gun worth more than the life of fellow Americans? Why would anybody be against a law that may have the possibilities of reducing the number of killings? Do we need guns capable of killing 20 children in a school for our own protection? I am not sure, when even police officers, who have guns on them, are being killed and law officers, who had guns in their home, were also targeted and killed.
How is it possible for a 5-month-old child to defend himself when his dad shot him to death? It is time we wise up and a law be put in place to cut down on these unnecessary killings which are still happening every day. Why is our Congress stalling and wanting to filibuster this? This is difficult to comprehend.
Albertus Van Dyk
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 59
- Letter: Gun control 57
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 51
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 40