Galaxy S 4 sales start next week
Samsung's flagship phone will be offered by major, minor firms
NEW YORK — U.S. wireless carriers have started revealing prices for Samsung's new flagship phone, the Galaxy S 4, which goes on sale starting next week.
AT&T Inc. has started taking advance orders and says phones will ship starting April 30. It's charging $200 for the base model, with 16 gigabytes of memory, under a two-year contract. Staples says it will start selling the AT&T model on April 26.
Sprint Nextel Corp. starts taking advance orders today and says in-store sales start April 27. It charges $250 for the base model, or $150 if the buyer is coming over from another carrier.
T-Mobile USA starts taking advance orders next Wednesday, and in-store sales start May 1. It's charging $150 up front and $20 per month for two years under its new installment plans. Those plans replace two-year service contracts that most carriers require. T-Mobile has abandoned them in favor of cheaper month-to-month plans.
Verizon Wireless has said it will sell the phone, but hasn't announced a release date or price. Smaller carriers U.S. Cellular, Leap Wireless' Cricket and C Spire will also sell the phone.
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- David Muir takes over ABC's 'World News' from...
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy:...
- Dave Ramsey says: Pets and rental properties...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Kennecott hopes project will change mountain...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- Netflix unveils new way to share recommendations
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Kennecott hopes project will change... 7
- State lawmaker calling for criminal... 5
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Feds eye stricter rules for railroad... 2
- Obama promoting economic gains as... 2
- No timeline announced yet for... 2
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152... 2