Galaxy S 4 sales start next week
Samsung's flagship phone will be offered by major, minor firms
NEW YORK — U.S. wireless carriers have started revealing prices for Samsung's new flagship phone, the Galaxy S 4, which goes on sale starting next week.
AT&T Inc. has started taking advance orders and says phones will ship starting April 30. It's charging $200 for the base model, with 16 gigabytes of memory, under a two-year contract. Staples says it will start selling the AT&T model on April 26.
Sprint Nextel Corp. starts taking advance orders today and says in-store sales start April 27. It charges $250 for the base model, or $150 if the buyer is coming over from another carrier.
T-Mobile USA starts taking advance orders next Wednesday, and in-store sales start May 1. It's charging $150 up front and $20 per month for two years under its new installment plans. Those plans replace two-year service contracts that most carriers require. T-Mobile has abandoned them in favor of cheaper month-to-month plans.
Verizon Wireless has said it will sell the phone, but hasn't announced a release date or price. Smaller carriers U.S. Cellular, Leap Wireless' Cricket and C Spire will also sell the phone.
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Utah company being considered to stop...
- UTOPIA mayors looking for alternative method...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make comparisons when...
- A tough label to chew on: What does...
- 7 benefits of taking vacation time
- McDonald's names new US president again
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000 —...
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 15
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11
- Proposed collector natural gas lines in... 7
- Twitter tries to block images of James... 6
- Utah exceeds Gov. Herbert's jobs goal 6
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 5
- A tough label to chew on: What does... 4
- Utah company being considered to stop... 3