High school sports: Softball, baseball and boys soccer results for Tuesday, Apr. 16
Riverton 4, Lehi 1
Lone Peak 11, Pleasant Grove 7
Lone Peak came out on top in a close match-up, as Makelle Ludlow hit two home runs and Megan Stapley earned the win on the mound. Pleasant Grove put pressure on Lone Peak at the end, as it scored five runs in the top of the fifth inning.
Box Elder 9, Bonneville 3
Box Elder scored six runs in the top of the fifth inning to take a nine-run lead, which was too much for Bonneville to overcome. Sadie Blacker led the Bees with a double and a home run.
Mountain Crest 8, Roy 2
Clearfield 6, Woods Cross 5
Four players contributed a double to the Falcons' 13 hits. Bailey Douglas picked up the win on the mound for Clearfield.
Bountiful 18, East 2
Cyprus 12, Highland 1
Cyprus scored nine runs in the bottom of the second inning to take a huge lead against Highland. Ally Monserret knocked out the only home run of the game.
Herriman 23, Westlake 0
Herriman took a commanding 15-0 lead in the first inning and continued the shutout in three innings. Bri Sorenson knocked out the only home run of the game.
Murray 6, Olympus 2
Emma Noble finished the game with a double and a home run to help Murray slip past Olympus in region play.
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 35
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 31
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26