For years now the Republicans have been telling us that we need to cut entitlement spending. Now President Obama has proposed some entitlement cuts in his budget, so what is the Republican reaction? Rep. Greg Walden, chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, went on CNN stating that the president's budget "really lays out kind of a shocking attack on seniors." He further accused the president of "trying to balance this budget on the backs of seniors."
I know that all politicians are occasionally guilty of hypocrisy, but have we ever seen anything this blatant?
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 26
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 21
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 15
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 14