For years now the Republicans have been telling us that we need to cut entitlement spending. Now President Obama has proposed some entitlement cuts in his budget, so what is the Republican reaction? Rep. Greg Walden, chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, went on CNN stating that the president's budget "really lays out kind of a shocking attack on seniors." He further accused the president of "trying to balance this budget on the backs of seniors."
I know that all politicians are occasionally guilty of hypocrisy, but have we ever seen anything this blatant?
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- My view: Biggest reason for physician shortage
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look at the...
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA...
- In our opinion: A social media enabled...
- John Hoffmire: Does aid work? Markets, big...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 84
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 50
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 37
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA... 22
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 22