For years now the Republicans have been telling us that we need to cut entitlement spending. Now President Obama has proposed some entitlement cuts in his budget, so what is the Republican reaction? Rep. Greg Walden, chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, went on CNN stating that the president's budget "really lays out kind of a shocking attack on seniors." He further accused the president of "trying to balance this budget on the backs of seniors."
I know that all politicians are occasionally guilty of hypocrisy, but have we ever seen anything this blatant?
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: With Shurtleff and Swallow...
- My view: A global warming solution to grow...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Helping kids master what matters: Emotions,...
- Letter: Degrading literature
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 63
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 52
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 48
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- The complicated political views of... 33
- Letter: Outdated climate 27