For years now the Republicans have been telling us that we need to cut entitlement spending. Now President Obama has proposed some entitlement cuts in his budget, so what is the Republican reaction? Rep. Greg Walden, chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, went on CNN stating that the president's budget "really lays out kind of a shocking attack on seniors." He further accused the president of "trying to balance this budget on the backs of seniors."
I know that all politicians are occasionally guilty of hypocrisy, but have we ever seen anything this blatant?
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- Drew Clark: Can the Supreme Court find...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: We can't help...
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Peter Corroon: Generalizations about liberals...
- Letter: We can do better
- In our opinion: Navajo Nation looks to combat...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 59
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on... 49
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 37
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 26
- Letter: We can do better 26
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 22