Bebeto Matthews, Associated Press
NEW YORK — All 380 English Premier League games will be televised live by NBC and its networks next season as part of a multiyear contract.
The telecasts begin Aug. 17 and will be carried on NBC, NBC Sports Network, Telemundo, Mun2, other NBC television properties, and various digital outlets.
NBC is scheduled to air 20 games, with 154 on NBC Sports Network; 76 of the telecasts will be in Spanish on Telemundo or Mun2; and 22 will be shown on other NBC Sports Group channels.
Windows for the national telecasts are 7 a.m. and 10 a.m. ET Saturdays on NBCSN, and 12:30 p.m. on NBC; 8 a.m. Sundays on NBCSN and 11 a.m. on that channel and Telemundo; and 2:30 p.m. ET Mondays on NBCSN.
In addition, NBC is making available free to all carriers of NBC Sports Network a package of all EPL games played at 10 a.m. ET on Saturdays — the primary starting time in the Premier League. Called Premier League Extra Time, it is similar to DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket.
"I can't wait for Aug. 17 to come and we get started," NBC Sports Group Chairman Mark Lazarus said Tuesday. "It's about making this one of the key pillars of our landscape."
The deal comes at a time when Fox and ESPN also have heavy involvement in soccer. But the world's most popular league in the world's most popular sport will belong solely to NBC for the next three years at a rights fee of $250 million.
Arlo White, who currently calls MLS games on NBCSN, will handle play-by-play from England. Former Premier League players Lee Dixon and Graeme Le Saux will handle analysis. Former England national team star Gary Lineker will be a special contributor.
Rebecca Lowe, a fixture on European soccer coverage in Europe, will host a studio show from NBC's international broadcast center in Stamford, Conn. But all game production will be done on-site in England, with NBC using England-based announcers on games White doesn't work.
"They went all in with us," Jon Miller, NBC Sports president of programming, said of the EPL, "and we're all in with them."
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- Detroit Lions pick up fifth-year option on...
- Mike Sorensen: These awful NBA free-throw...
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 93
- Going the distance: BYU, Big 12 aren't... 76
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion probable... 65
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 36
- Utah baseball team surprisingly leads... 31
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 29
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 29
- Morning links: Taysom Hill a Top 25... 21