Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
When Sen. Jim Dabakis was elected as the Democratic party chair, he stated "I will do whatever I can as chair to see that our big tent is comfortable to (all)." However, since that time I have hardly heard a word fall from his mouth concerning the opposing party or Utah residents in general that is not either sarcastic or downright caustic. This week his tweet concerning Margaret Thatcher was likewise completely inappropriate. Dancing on the grave of anyone, even a political enemy, is not gong to bring me to your side, Sen. Dabakis. Shame on you.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: Unfortunately, Canada may never...
- Michael Gerson: The new impression of Ebola...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 73
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 35
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 29
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27