Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
When Sen. Jim Dabakis was elected as the Democratic party chair, he stated "I will do whatever I can as chair to see that our big tent is comfortable to (all)." However, since that time I have hardly heard a word fall from his mouth concerning the opposing party or Utah residents in general that is not either sarcastic or downright caustic. This week his tweet concerning Margaret Thatcher was likewise completely inappropriate. Dancing on the grave of anyone, even a political enemy, is not gong to bring me to your side, Sen. Dabakis. Shame on you.
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- In our opinion: Park City's slippery slopes
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do better...
- Letter: Criminalizing marijuana
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 41
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 34
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28
- Letter: Teachers' perspective 28