I am in disbelief as to the scant attention your newspaper has devoted to the passing of Sam Skaggs. This man was by far the most successful and prominent businessman that Utah has produced. His accomplishments and pioneering business concepts and acumen are legendary. While his name is not on any hospital or university his community contributions were greater than most and an in-depth review of his life and contributions to this state is certainly warranted.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- Letter: Acting on immigration
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- My view: Remembering JFK 51 years later
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- In our opinion: 70 mph — driving at the...
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive order...
- In our opinion: Thankfully speaking —...
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 65
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 44
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- Letter: Acting on immigration 39
- My view: Global warming needs free market 26