Don Ryan, Associated Press
HOUSTON — Brad Davis had a goal and an assist, and the Houston Dynamo set an MLS record for longest home unbeaten streak in all competitions with a 2-1 victory over the Chicago Fire on Sunday.
Houston (4-2-0) has not lost a home game across all competitions in 35 matches. The previous record was set by Real Salt Lake from 2009-11. Houston also tied the MLS record for longest regular-season home unbeaten streak at 29 games set by Real Salt Lake in the same stretch. Houston last lost at home on June 18, 2011, a 2-0 defeat to Columbus.
Davis scored the winner in the 81st minute, sending a line drive from 25 yards out on the right inside the near post.
Will Bruin gave the Dynamo a 1-0 lead with a header in the 26th minute and Chris Rolfe tied it 3 minutes later for Chicago (1-4-1).
CREW 1, IMPACT 1: At Montreal, Marco Di Vaio and Domenic Oduro traded goals 4 minutes apart in the second half, and Montreal and Columbus played to a draw in a game that was delayed a day by a snowstorm.
The Impact (4-1-1) remained unbeaten at home (2-0-1), while Columbus (2-1-3) has not lost in four straight.
Justin Mapp's cross was mishandled by substitute Sanna Nyassi, but Di Vaio was there to drill the loose ball low, inside the near post for his third of the season.
Oduro quieted the crowd in the 72nd minute when he pulled down a pass and neatly fired it inside the far post for his third of the year.
TIMBERS 1, EARTHQUAKES 0: At Portland, Former RSL midfielder Will Johnson converted a beautiful free kick from 25 yards up and over the wall and into the upper-left corner of the net past a helpless Jon Busch in the 78th minute.
Alan Gordon put the 'Quakes a man down in the 69th minute when he picked up his second yellow card on the match when his elbow gave Mikael Silvestre a bloody mouth.
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make...
- Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward gets a...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Believe it or not: QB Travis Wilson is set to...
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 67
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 38
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 32
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 29
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 29
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 25