Reed Saxon, Associated Press
ANAHEIM, Calif. — Mike Trout hit his first home run of the season and Josh Hamilton also connected, leading C.J. Wilson and the Los Angeles Angels over the Houston Astros 4-1 Sunday.
Trout put the Angels ahead for good with his solo homer in the third inning. He also doubled and scored three times.
Hamilton tripled and singled before hitting his second homer of the year, a two-run drive in the eighth.
Wilson (1-0) allowed one run and five hits in six innings. He struck out three and walked four.
The left-hander held the Astros to a pair of singles after giving up back-to-back doubles by Ronny Cedeno and Matt Dominguez with none out in the second.
Ernesto Frieri, the fourth Angels pitcher, got four outs for his second save.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28