Eric Risberg, Associated Press
It's almost a daily requirement these days with the Deseret News to have at least one article that bemoans young people delaying marriage, deciding not to marry, missing out on the financial benefits of marriage or any number of other topics trumpeting the cause of marriage. Yet the Deseret News loudly advocates against allowing a certain segment of the population the very opportunity to partake of the benefits and blessings of marriage.
It takes a special kind of cold heart to proclaim innumerable benefits of something and then actively fight to deprive an entire group of people a chance to enjoy those blessings.
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- George F. Will: Squandered potential:...
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance...
- In our opinion: On matters of panhandling or...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Will Putin's gamble...
- Mike Lee: It will be our ideas that win in 2014
- Letter: Putin's invasion
- Doug Robinson: Dinsmore has made his mark on...
- It doesn't have to be hard for... 60
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration... 52
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- Letter: Invite the divine 36
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC 34
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance... 34
- My view: SB54 will politically and... 30
- Letter: Private political parties 24