Eric Risberg, Associated Press
It's almost a daily requirement these days with the Deseret News to have at least one article that bemoans young people delaying marriage, deciding not to marry, missing out on the financial benefits of marriage or any number of other topics trumpeting the cause of marriage. Yet the Deseret News loudly advocates against allowing a certain segment of the population the very opportunity to partake of the benefits and blessings of marriage.
It takes a special kind of cold heart to proclaim innumerable benefits of something and then actively fight to deprive an entire group of people a chance to enjoy those blessings.
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- In our opinion: Let FAA, not Utah...
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 103
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 92
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- In our opinion: Religion in public life... 53
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 42
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 37