Eric Risberg, Associated Press
It's almost a daily requirement these days with the Deseret News to have at least one article that bemoans young people delaying marriage, deciding not to marry, missing out on the financial benefits of marriage or any number of other topics trumpeting the cause of marriage. Yet the Deseret News loudly advocates against allowing a certain segment of the population the very opportunity to partake of the benefits and blessings of marriage.
It takes a special kind of cold heart to proclaim innumerable benefits of something and then actively fight to deprive an entire group of people a chance to enjoy those blessings.
- In our opinion: Looking upward, seeking...
- In our opinion: With caucus compromise, Utah...
- John Florez: Education — Big government...
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Letter: A 'dying' document
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- In our opinion: Prison relocation iffy
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 67
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Letter: Religious freedom 53
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 30
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21
- Letter: A 'dying' document 20