Evan Vucci, Associated Press
Having been very interested and involved in politics for years, I find that I am continuously being disappointed by various groups who do not keep their word or promises. I have tended to vote Republican, but now I'm feeling a bit betrayed by the slippery slope of trying to "keep the peace" and just "compromise."
Ever since the November elections I've felt that we who "lost" the election have a tendency to apologize and then run and hide from any opposition. The only group I see at this time who sticks by what they say and follows through with actions is the tea party. I identify and support their stands of protecting our freedoms and avoid trusting the government to make decisions for us, smaller government, the family unit and the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman.
There is only one way we are going to survive all the present problems and that is by standing for something and making ourselves heard. I respect the tea party for doing just that.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Dan Liljenquist: Being good for goodness sake
- Letter: Monolingual minorities
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 33
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 30