Evan Vucci, Associated Press
Having been very interested and involved in politics for years, I find that I am continuously being disappointed by various groups who do not keep their word or promises. I have tended to vote Republican, but now I'm feeling a bit betrayed by the slippery slope of trying to "keep the peace" and just "compromise."
Ever since the November elections I've felt that we who "lost" the election have a tendency to apologize and then run and hide from any opposition. The only group I see at this time who sticks by what they say and follows through with actions is the tea party. I identify and support their stands of protecting our freedoms and avoid trusting the government to make decisions for us, smaller government, the family unit and the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman.
There is only one way we are going to survive all the present problems and that is by standing for something and making ourselves heard. I respect the tea party for doing just that.
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 53
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 31
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: No limits 20