Evan Vucci, Associated Press
Having been very interested and involved in politics for years, I find that I am continuously being disappointed by various groups who do not keep their word or promises. I have tended to vote Republican, but now I'm feeling a bit betrayed by the slippery slope of trying to "keep the peace" and just "compromise."
Ever since the November elections I've felt that we who "lost" the election have a tendency to apologize and then run and hide from any opposition. The only group I see at this time who sticks by what they say and follows through with actions is the tea party. I identify and support their stands of protecting our freedoms and avoid trusting the government to make decisions for us, smaller government, the family unit and the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman.
There is only one way we are going to survive all the present problems and that is by standing for something and making ourselves heard. I respect the tea party for doing just that.
- Lois M. Collins: The gifts I hope I gave my...
- Bob Bennett: Climate change question should...
- Letter: Who's against Healthy Utah?
- Mia Love: Big government needs to get out of...
- In our opinion: Talking of tax reform and...
- Letter: Mandated freedom
- My view: Common Core tests erode parental rights
- My view: Opioid technology can save Utah lives