Evan Vucci, Associated Press
Having been very interested and involved in politics for years, I find that I am continuously being disappointed by various groups who do not keep their word or promises. I have tended to vote Republican, but now I'm feeling a bit betrayed by the slippery slope of trying to "keep the peace" and just "compromise."
Ever since the November elections I've felt that we who "lost" the election have a tendency to apologize and then run and hide from any opposition. The only group I see at this time who sticks by what they say and follows through with actions is the tea party. I identify and support their stands of protecting our freedoms and avoid trusting the government to make decisions for us, smaller government, the family unit and the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman.
There is only one way we are going to survive all the present problems and that is by standing for something and making ourselves heard. I respect the tea party for doing just that.
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 81
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 70
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 47
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 40
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 33