Evan Vucci, Associated Press
Having been very interested and involved in politics for years, I find that I am continuously being disappointed by various groups who do not keep their word or promises. I have tended to vote Republican, but now I'm feeling a bit betrayed by the slippery slope of trying to "keep the peace" and just "compromise."
Ever since the November elections I've felt that we who "lost" the election have a tendency to apologize and then run and hide from any opposition. The only group I see at this time who sticks by what they say and follows through with actions is the tea party. I identify and support their stands of protecting our freedoms and avoid trusting the government to make decisions for us, smaller government, the family unit and the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman.
There is only one way we are going to survive all the present problems and that is by standing for something and making ourselves heard. I respect the tea party for doing just that.
- Politicians being awkward at Halloween
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: The burden and...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah be in the Central...
- What will Obama's legacy be?
- My View: Children need mother and father
- In our opinion: Protecting the church from...
- Jay Evensen: IRS abuses continue —...
- Letter: Public education