Evan Vucci, Associated Press
Having been very interested and involved in politics for years, I find that I am continuously being disappointed by various groups who do not keep their word or promises. I have tended to vote Republican, but now I'm feeling a bit betrayed by the slippery slope of trying to "keep the peace" and just "compromise."
Ever since the November elections I've felt that we who "lost" the election have a tendency to apologize and then run and hide from any opposition. The only group I see at this time who sticks by what they say and follows through with actions is the tea party. I identify and support their stands of protecting our freedoms and avoid trusting the government to make decisions for us, smaller government, the family unit and the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman.
There is only one way we are going to survive all the present problems and that is by standing for something and making ourselves heard. I respect the tea party for doing just that.
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- Letter: Prison nonsense
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Is hard work unorthodox?
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 57
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 27
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 20