I have very little confidence in Stan Jacobsen's statement that 80 percent of the people desire increased gun control measures ("Represent the people," April 11). My doubt is in large part the result of his falsely attributing the famous adage by Abraham Lincoln (Gettysburg Address) "of the people, by the people and for the people" to the Constitution. I am startled that such a glaring inaccuracy appears on the op-ed page of a respected newspaper. As an aside, I very much disagree with his appraisal of Sen. Mike Lee's performance and believe that Utah's citizens made a splendid choice.
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Hospitality...
- In our opinion: Thankfully speaking —...
- My view: Remembering JFK 51 years later
- Letter: Acting on immigration
- Drew Clark: Interfaith conference at Vatican...
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Letter: King Obama
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 68
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 46
- Letter: Acting on immigration 44
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- My view: Global warming needs free market 26