I have very little confidence in Stan Jacobsen's statement that 80 percent of the people desire increased gun control measures ("Represent the people," April 11). My doubt is in large part the result of his falsely attributing the famous adage by Abraham Lincoln (Gettysburg Address) "of the people, by the people and for the people" to the Constitution. I am startled that such a glaring inaccuracy appears on the op-ed page of a respected newspaper. As an aside, I very much disagree with his appraisal of Sen. Mike Lee's performance and believe that Utah's citizens made a splendid choice.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- Letter: Police not the problem
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 61
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 41
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30