I have very little confidence in Stan Jacobsen's statement that 80 percent of the people desire increased gun control measures ("Represent the people," April 11). My doubt is in large part the result of his falsely attributing the famous adage by Abraham Lincoln (Gettysburg Address) "of the people, by the people and for the people" to the Constitution. I am startled that such a glaring inaccuracy appears on the op-ed page of a respected newspaper. As an aside, I very much disagree with his appraisal of Sen. Mike Lee's performance and believe that Utah's citizens made a splendid choice.
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- About Utah: Others opened the door, but she...
- Doug Robinson: Leonardo chief's doing a job...
- My view: Biggest reason for physician shortage
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look at the...
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 81
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 35
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA... 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 21
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19