I have very little confidence in Stan Jacobsen's statement that 80 percent of the people desire increased gun control measures ("Represent the people," April 11). My doubt is in large part the result of his falsely attributing the famous adage by Abraham Lincoln (Gettysburg Address) "of the people, by the people and for the people" to the Constitution. I am startled that such a glaring inaccuracy appears on the op-ed page of a respected newspaper. As an aside, I very much disagree with his appraisal of Sen. Mike Lee's performance and believe that Utah's citizens made a splendid choice.
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: Par for the president
- Letter: Our great nation?
- Americans are changing their tune on foreign...
- Get the names right — or suffer...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Letter: Attention diverted
- Why religious organizations should be...
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 44
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 35
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Letter: Society puzzles 32