I have very little confidence in Stan Jacobsen's statement that 80 percent of the people desire increased gun control measures ("Represent the people," April 11). My doubt is in large part the result of his falsely attributing the famous adage by Abraham Lincoln (Gettysburg Address) "of the people, by the people and for the people" to the Constitution. I am startled that such a glaring inaccuracy appears on the op-ed page of a respected newspaper. As an aside, I very much disagree with his appraisal of Sen. Mike Lee's performance and believe that Utah's citizens made a splendid choice.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 48
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37