J. Scott Applewhite, Associated Press
That's according to three sources briefed on the meetings, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly on the issued.
While on Capitol Hill, Lew is expected to update the House leaders on the state of the economy, both in the U.S. and abroad. Lew is home from a tour of Europe, where he encouraged officials to promote more growth-friendly policies rather than focusing on austerity measures.
The meetings come after Lew told House and Senate committees the Obama administration is optimistic about a budget deal. He urged lawmakers to consider concessions that President Barack Obama made in the budget he unveiled Wednesday.
- Grieving borrowers told to repay student loan
- Balancing act: List of top work-from-home...
- Dave Ramsey says: Being debt-free beats...
- Wellness programs grow more popular with...
- Why small businesses want a higher minimum wage
- Keflezighi's Boston win a boost for shoe sponsor
- Utah among states with greatest urban sprawl
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- How much did President Obama donate to... 51
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 46
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 19
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17
- University of Utah launches community... 15
- Why small businesses want a higher... 9
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering... 8
- Dave Ramsey says: Being debt-free beats... 6