J. Scott Applewhite, Associated Press
That's according to three sources briefed on the meetings, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly on the issued.
While on Capitol Hill, Lew is expected to update the House leaders on the state of the economy, both in the U.S. and abroad. Lew is home from a tour of Europe, where he encouraged officials to promote more growth-friendly policies rather than focusing on austerity measures.
The meetings come after Lew told House and Senate committees the Obama administration is optimistic about a budget deal. He urged lawmakers to consider concessions that President Barack Obama made in the budget he unveiled Wednesday.
- FCC approves 'net neutrality' rules for...
- Monarchs say Fairpark deal is dead, team...
- University Place construction timeline released
- Lehi supplement firm launches research lab
- LDS author analyzes benefits of inexperience...
- Want to land your dream job? 4 must-do things
- Taylor Cotterell: Time for a job change?...
- The few, the proudly employed, the coding...
- Defying GOP, Obama vetoes Keystone XL... 51
- FCC approves 'net neutrality' rules for... 26
- The few, the proudly employed, the... 7
- Disney hikes ticket prices at US theme... 2
- About 2,000 rally against right-to-work... 2
- Monarchs say Fairpark deal is dead,... 2
- University Place construction timeline... 2
- Death toll from General Motors ignition... 1