J. Scott Applewhite, Associated Press
That's according to three sources briefed on the meetings, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly on the issued.
While on Capitol Hill, Lew is expected to update the House leaders on the state of the economy, both in the U.S. and abroad. Lew is home from a tour of Europe, where he encouraged officials to promote more growth-friendly policies rather than focusing on austerity measures.
The meetings come after Lew told House and Senate committees the Obama administration is optimistic about a budget deal. He urged lawmakers to consider concessions that President Barack Obama made in the budget he unveiled Wednesday.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Plan to simplify 2015 health renewals may...
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 11
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 10
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Sarah Palin launches online... 5
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4