J. Scott Applewhite, Associated Press
That's according to three sources briefed on the meetings, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly on the issued.
While on Capitol Hill, Lew is expected to update the House leaders on the state of the economy, both in the U.S. and abroad. Lew is home from a tour of Europe, where he encouraged officials to promote more growth-friendly policies rather than focusing on austerity measures.
The meetings come after Lew told House and Senate committees the Obama administration is optimistic about a budget deal. He urged lawmakers to consider concessions that President Barack Obama made in the budget he unveiled Wednesday.
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an...
- What you need to know about massive air bag...
- Out-of-patience investors sell off Amazon
- Ridesharing company Uber launches in Nevada
- US halal food supplier indicted over beef...
- Lehi-based Vivint debuts innovation facility
- High school grads to get free ride at North...
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the workplace....
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 20
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an... 9
- Customer decline hits McDonald's sales,... 4
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the... 4
- Lower gas prices could mean economic... 3
- Survey: Harassment a common part of... 2
- Q&A: Journalist Dan Rather speaks on... 2
- EPA: Gas mileage inflated on 4 Mini... 1