J. Scott Applewhite, Associated Press
That's according to three sources briefed on the meetings, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly on the issued.
While on Capitol Hill, Lew is expected to update the House leaders on the state of the economy, both in the U.S. and abroad. Lew is home from a tour of Europe, where he encouraged officials to promote more growth-friendly policies rather than focusing on austerity measures.
The meetings come after Lew told House and Senate committees the Obama administration is optimistic about a budget deal. He urged lawmakers to consider concessions that President Barack Obama made in the budget he unveiled Wednesday.
- 4 financial follies of the millennial generation
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain Resort...
- Retail sales are up since last month
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men
- Grand America to pay $2M fine for hiring...
- Chinese city creates cellphone sidewalk lane
- Mega-resort could give boost to Park City,...
- How employers can improve the nation's health
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain... 16
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men 15
- How net neutrality impacts online news... 6
- Mega-resort could give boost to Park... 5
- Parents are short changing their girls... 2
- Which new iPhone is right for your... 2
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- Prosecutor: Plant owner OK'd tainted... 1