It is the parents' responsibility to do all they can do legally to keep families together; it is not government's responsibility. Families have always been broken up when a member of the family makes the choice to break the law and is sent to jail. People who come to America illegally should be punished to the fullest extent of the law when caught that day or 20 years later.
I've never heard of any law that says a person who breaks the law should be rewarded for their crime. In my 78 years, I've experienced some tough economic times providing food, clothing and shelter for my family of a wife and seven children but never thought I would or should be excused if I was to rob a bank, shoplift or take other actions that were dishonest to provide for my family needs or wants.
- Lois M. Collins: 'She asked for it' subverts...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Taking a leap of...
- Who was the most narcissistic president?
- Classical liberalism offers sole durable...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- In our opinion: Are we too pessimistic about...
- My view: 'Single issue' voters should...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 48
- Lois M. Collins: 'She asked for it'... 39
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 31
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 28
- Classical liberalism offers sole... 28
- In our opinion: How committed are... 27
- Who was the most narcissistic president? 26
- In our opinion: Are we too pessimistic... 25