It is the parents' responsibility to do all they can do legally to keep families together; it is not government's responsibility. Families have always been broken up when a member of the family makes the choice to break the law and is sent to jail. People who come to America illegally should be punished to the fullest extent of the law when caught that day or 20 years later.
I've never heard of any law that says a person who breaks the law should be rewarded for their crime. In my 78 years, I've experienced some tough economic times providing food, clothing and shelter for my family of a wife and seven children but never thought I would or should be excused if I was to rob a bank, shoplift or take other actions that were dishonest to provide for my family needs or wants.
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 65
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 51
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 44
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools... 26
- My view: Women’s equality —... 25