It is the parents' responsibility to do all they can do legally to keep families together; it is not government's responsibility. Families have always been broken up when a member of the family makes the choice to break the law and is sent to jail. People who come to America illegally should be punished to the fullest extent of the law when caught that day or 20 years later.
I've never heard of any law that says a person who breaks the law should be rewarded for their crime. In my 78 years, I've experienced some tough economic times providing food, clothing and shelter for my family of a wife and seven children but never thought I would or should be excused if I was to rob a bank, shoplift or take other actions that were dishonest to provide for my family needs or wants.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Letter: Police not the problem
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- In our opinion: Utah sees improvement in...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 57
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 38
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 34
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30