I really can't understand how and why our national legislators don't want to comply with the passage in our Constitution that states a government "of the people, by the people and for the people." With the polls including 80 percent of our citizens wanting some gun control measures (not taking our guns away from us), it is unfathomable that they can go against the people.
Shame, shame on them if once again they should go against what the majority of our citizens want. Not to leave Utah out of my diatribe, our junior Sen. Mike Lee's performance to date reveals what a horrible mistake Utah made by not re-electing Sen. Bob Bennett.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- Center that specializes in stories about...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- Letter: Vote for cleaner air
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 25