I really can't understand how and why our national legislators don't want to comply with the passage in our Constitution that states a government "of the people, by the people and for the people." With the polls including 80 percent of our citizens wanting some gun control measures (not taking our guns away from us), it is unfathomable that they can go against the people.
Shame, shame on them if once again they should go against what the majority of our citizens want. Not to leave Utah out of my diatribe, our junior Sen. Mike Lee's performance to date reveals what a horrible mistake Utah made by not re-electing Sen. Bob Bennett.
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: They run toward danger
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- In our opinion: National security and... 67
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 44
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 17
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13