The media dutifully reports the possibility of furloughs, cutbacks in the military, closures of air traffic control towers, food pantries, White House tours, etc. In every case the media places the blame on sequestration.
Why doesn't the media report the real cause, which is the ineptitude of the president and Congress to fulfill their sworn duties? While the country goes deeper in debt, they continue with their vacations, golf outings, paid holidays, pay increases, outlandish perks and the list goes on and on. Until the president and Congress feel the same effects of their inability to govern as the people who suffer from their posturing, bickering and putting their own interests first, there doesn't seem to be much hope for change anytime soon.
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal, Affordable...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- Michael Gerson: America has enough problems...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- Letter: Antelope Island prison
- Jay Evensen: In fight over school funding,...
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 77
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 70
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 42
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in... 37
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- In our opinion: It's time for Utah to... 27