The media dutifully reports the possibility of furloughs, cutbacks in the military, closures of air traffic control towers, food pantries, White House tours, etc. In every case the media places the blame on sequestration.
Why doesn't the media report the real cause, which is the ineptitude of the president and Congress to fulfill their sworn duties? While the country goes deeper in debt, they continue with their vacations, golf outings, paid holidays, pay increases, outlandish perks and the list goes on and on. Until the president and Congress feel the same effects of their inability to govern as the people who suffer from their posturing, bickering and putting their own interests first, there doesn't seem to be much hope for change anytime soon.
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 108
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 33
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30