The media dutifully reports the possibility of furloughs, cutbacks in the military, closures of air traffic control towers, food pantries, White House tours, etc. In every case the media places the blame on sequestration.
Why doesn't the media report the real cause, which is the ineptitude of the president and Congress to fulfill their sworn duties? While the country goes deeper in debt, they continue with their vacations, golf outings, paid holidays, pay increases, outlandish perks and the list goes on and on. Until the president and Congress feel the same effects of their inability to govern as the people who suffer from their posturing, bickering and putting their own interests first, there doesn't seem to be much hope for change anytime soon.
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- Capitalism and the common good: Fairness,...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 54
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 46
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 37
- Capitalism and the common good:... 37