The media dutifully reports the possibility of furloughs, cutbacks in the military, closures of air traffic control towers, food pantries, White House tours, etc. In every case the media places the blame on sequestration.
Why doesn't the media report the real cause, which is the ineptitude of the president and Congress to fulfill their sworn duties? While the country goes deeper in debt, they continue with their vacations, golf outings, paid holidays, pay increases, outlandish perks and the list goes on and on. Until the president and Congress feel the same effects of their inability to govern as the people who suffer from their posturing, bickering and putting their own interests first, there doesn't seem to be much hope for change anytime soon.
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- My view: They run toward danger
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- In our opinion: National security and... 66
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 39
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 15
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13