The media dutifully reports the possibility of furloughs, cutbacks in the military, closures of air traffic control towers, food pantries, White House tours, etc. In every case the media places the blame on sequestration.
Why doesn't the media report the real cause, which is the ineptitude of the president and Congress to fulfill their sworn duties? While the country goes deeper in debt, they continue with their vacations, golf outings, paid holidays, pay increases, outlandish perks and the list goes on and on. Until the president and Congress feel the same effects of their inability to govern as the people who suffer from their posturing, bickering and putting their own interests first, there doesn't seem to be much hope for change anytime soon.
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How Utah...
- In our opinion: Par for the president
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Gabriel Roth: Get the government out of the...
- Letter: Legalizing drugs
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 36
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 36
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32