I have been a longtime reader of the Deseret News and especially look forward to the Arts Section that comes out each Sunday. Recently, however, I have been very disappointed in the quality and breadth of your coverage. Although I am happy to see so many book reviews, I find it amazing that there is so little coverage of arts events that actually relate to residents of the Wasatch Front.
Recent cover stories for the arts section include an exhibition opening at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles as well as a display of Civil War artworks at the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C. Residents who take the Deseret News want coverage of events that are relevant and accessible.
Please consider either dedicating more staff toward quality coverage of the arts scene or incorporating it into another section of your newspaper. As it stands it is currently a disappointment to local arts enthusiasts.
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder than...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Things are...
- Letter: Federal law violated
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- My view: Religious freedom is a barometer for...
- Drew Clark: About-face by Apple Music shows...
- Letter: ‘Correct’ beliefs
- In our opinion: To aid the 60 million global...
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- Letter: Religion in office 35
- Letter: ‘Correct’ beliefs 32
- Letter: Federal law violated 32
- Letter: Patriotism has not died 28
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder... 28
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 27
- My view: Everything you think you know... 22