I have been a longtime reader of the Deseret News and especially look forward to the Arts Section that comes out each Sunday. Recently, however, I have been very disappointed in the quality and breadth of your coverage. Although I am happy to see so many book reviews, I find it amazing that there is so little coverage of arts events that actually relate to residents of the Wasatch Front.
Recent cover stories for the arts section include an exhibition opening at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles as well as a display of Civil War artworks at the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C. Residents who take the Deseret News want coverage of events that are relevant and accessible.
Please consider either dedicating more staff toward quality coverage of the arts scene or incorporating it into another section of your newspaper. As it stands it is currently a disappointment to local arts enthusiasts.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: Unfortunately, Canada may never...
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- In our opinion: Charitable awareness —...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 73
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 26