I have been a longtime reader of the Deseret News and especially look forward to the Arts Section that comes out each Sunday. Recently, however, I have been very disappointed in the quality and breadth of your coverage. Although I am happy to see so many book reviews, I find it amazing that there is so little coverage of arts events that actually relate to residents of the Wasatch Front.
Recent cover stories for the arts section include an exhibition opening at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles as well as a display of Civil War artworks at the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C. Residents who take the Deseret News want coverage of events that are relevant and accessible.
Please consider either dedicating more staff toward quality coverage of the arts scene or incorporating it into another section of your newspaper. As it stands it is currently a disappointment to local arts enthusiasts.
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: Get insurance out of health care
- My view: Is the Division of Water Resources...
- In our opinion: Why it's important to note...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be...
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and assisted...
- Americans are skeptical that government... 58
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 55
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 46
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 34
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Trump and Sanders 22