I have been a longtime reader of the Deseret News and especially look forward to the Arts Section that comes out each Sunday. Recently, however, I have been very disappointed in the quality and breadth of your coverage. Although I am happy to see so many book reviews, I find it amazing that there is so little coverage of arts events that actually relate to residents of the Wasatch Front.
Recent cover stories for the arts section include an exhibition opening at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles as well as a display of Civil War artworks at the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C. Residents who take the Deseret News want coverage of events that are relevant and accessible.
Please consider either dedicating more staff toward quality coverage of the arts scene or incorporating it into another section of your newspaper. As it stands it is currently a disappointment to local arts enthusiasts.
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- On second thought
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 48
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 46
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 39
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own... 28
- Americans are changing their tune on... 27
- In our opinion: Par for the president 24
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap?... 24