I have been a longtime reader of the Deseret News and especially look forward to the Arts Section that comes out each Sunday. Recently, however, I have been very disappointed in the quality and breadth of your coverage. Although I am happy to see so many book reviews, I find it amazing that there is so little coverage of arts events that actually relate to residents of the Wasatch Front.
Recent cover stories for the arts section include an exhibition opening at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles as well as a display of Civil War artworks at the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C. Residents who take the Deseret News want coverage of events that are relevant and accessible.
Please consider either dedicating more staff toward quality coverage of the arts scene or incorporating it into another section of your newspaper. As it stands it is currently a disappointment to local arts enthusiasts.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Ask a veteran about their health care
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 42
- Letter: American billionaires 35
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 29