Finally, courage from a political leader in support of taxes for education. Over the last decade the state has moved general tax revenues into highways in lieu of raising gas taxes. Leaders have created taxes on hospitals and nursing homes in order to provide the state matching funds required to draw federal Medicaid dollars — thus relieving general revenues.
It is now time for all to sacrifice for education — new general tax dollars are desparately needed for public and higher education. Our education system can no longer be the victim of political delegates vs. real elected officials. Thank you Sen. Aaron Osmond for your courage.
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Letter: Moral decline
- Letter: My sons
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Jay Evensen: U2's 'free' album highlights...
- Who likes Obama's ISIS plan, and who doesn't
- Letter: Moral decline 87
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 65
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 55
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial... 25