Finally, courage from a political leader in support of taxes for education. Over the last decade the state has moved general tax revenues into highways in lieu of raising gas taxes. Leaders have created taxes on hospitals and nursing homes in order to provide the state matching funds required to draw federal Medicaid dollars — thus relieving general revenues.
It is now time for all to sacrifice for education — new general tax dollars are desparately needed for public and higher education. Our education system can no longer be the victim of political delegates vs. real elected officials. Thank you Sen. Aaron Osmond for your courage.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 143
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 49
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- Charles Krauthammer: We need to... 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25