The one sentence Second Amendment to our Constitution was to provide for a well-regulated militia. It reads, "A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." What part of our current gun laws and those pending have anything to do with a "well-regulated Militia"? We have become a paranoid, vigilante-minded people.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: Critics of porn resolution...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- In our opinion: National security and... 77
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 35
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19