The one sentence Second Amendment to our Constitution was to provide for a well-regulated militia. It reads, "A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." What part of our current gun laws and those pending have anything to do with a "well-regulated Militia"? We have become a paranoid, vigilante-minded people.
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Letter: Costly benefits
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- My view: Yesterday’s public education...
- In our opinion: Disrupted by email and the...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 38
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27