The one sentence Second Amendment to our Constitution was to provide for a well-regulated militia. It reads, "A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." What part of our current gun laws and those pending have anything to do with a "well-regulated Militia"? We have become a paranoid, vigilante-minded people.
Salt Lake City
- Which states are best for tax payers?
- In our opinion: Western land standoff aside,...
- Jay Evensen: No more rent for inmates —...
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Letter: Right and wrong
- My view: Utah's agriculture industry needs...
- Kathleen Parker: Putin knows in geopolitical...
- Letter: Plenty of danger in e-cigarettes
- Letter: Right and wrong 93
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 67
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform... 64
- Letter: Science consensus is slow,... 49
- In our opinion: Confronted by power,... 40
- In our opinion: Western land standoff... 35
- Letter: Republican empathy too rare 28
- John Hoffmire: Why shouldn’t... 28