The one sentence Second Amendment to our Constitution was to provide for a well-regulated militia. It reads, "A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." What part of our current gun laws and those pending have anything to do with a "well-regulated Militia"? We have become a paranoid, vigilante-minded people.
Salt Lake City
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- Dan Liljenquist: Credit Utah's Sen. Lee as...
- In Our Opinion: IRS data breach is...
- Letter: Keep money in Draper
- Letter: Veneer of patriotism
- My view: Yes, Iran jails people for their...
- My view: Utah needs Congress to act on...
- Jay Evensen: In a smart-car future, what...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 65
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 52
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 30
- Letter: Regulating marijuana 29
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: Credit Utah's Sen. Lee... 19
- Letter: Sharing the road 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18