The one sentence Second Amendment to our Constitution was to provide for a well-regulated militia. It reads, "A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." What part of our current gun laws and those pending have anything to do with a "well-regulated Militia"? We have become a paranoid, vigilante-minded people.
Salt Lake City
- Mia Love: Big government needs to get out of...
- John Florez: Lawmakers broke the state's...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Lessons...
- In our opinion: Obama's plan for free tuition...
- Letter: Duties of the job
- Letter: Political extremes
- In the words of Thomas Jefferson: Why...
- Letter: Future for teachers
- Dan Liljenquist: In order to confront... 43
- Letter: Medically fragile 41
- Kathleen Parker: Republican candidates... 38
- Letter: Duties of the job 30
- In our opinion: Hughes, House and... 25
- Mia Love: Big government needs to get... 25
- Letter: Harmful side effects 23
- Mark Reynolds: Pipeline alternatives... 23