The one sentence Second Amendment to our Constitution was to provide for a well-regulated militia. It reads, "A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." What part of our current gun laws and those pending have anything to do with a "well-regulated Militia"? We have become a paranoid, vigilante-minded people.
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder than...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Letter: Federal law violated
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Things are...
- My view: Religious freedom is a barometer for...
- Drew Clark: About-face by Apple Music shows...
- Letter: ‘Correct’ beliefs
- Letter: Religion in office
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- Letter: ‘Correct’ beliefs 35
- Letter: Religion in office 35
- Letter: Federal law violated 33
- Letter: Patriotism has not died 29
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder... 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 28
- My view: Everything you think you know... 22