The Utes saved their best for last, cranking out a 49.40 vault set, the best of the night by any team. Dabritz and Wilson scored back-to-back 9.925s to tie for first. Wilson has now won or tied for first on vault in every meet other than the Pac-12 Championships, where she tied for second with Dabritz.
Wilson, who placed third in the all-around with a 39.350, was honored as the North Central Region Gymnast of the Year. Utah senior associate athletics director Liz Abel was named North Central Region Administrator of the Year.
Cougars finish 5th at regional meet
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Putting a wrap on a successful season, the BYU women's gymnastics team finished with a 194.450 at the NCAA regional meet on Saturday night at the Coleman Coliseum.
BYU finished in fifth place at the meet.
Makenzie Johnson and Raquel Willman finished the all-around competition tied for sixth with a score of 38.950 each, and Megan Bain scored a 38.400 for 13th place.
The Cougars finished the 2013 season with another NCAA regional berth, their 22nd in 25 years. The team also scored over 195 seven times, the most since the 2005 season.
Utah State also had three gymnasts compete in regionals hosted by Ohio State. Junior Paige Jones and sophomore Sarah Landes competed in the all-around while freshman Stefanie Daley competed on the balance beam. Landes finished in seventh place in the all-around with a score of 39.125, and Jones placed 11th with a 38.950. Daley tied for 37th on beam with a 9.550.
Southern Utah also wrapped up its season with a fifth-place 194.850 at the NCAA Regionals in Norman, Okla. Sophomore Jamie Armijo recorded the T-Birds' top finish, third place on the uneven bars, narrowly missing a berth at the NCAA Championships by less than half a tenth.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33