We in Kaysville are gathering signatures to stop the city of Kaysville from taking money from the Kaysville electric fund to purchase raw ground and other items. This practice is out of control.
The reason for this practice is that if the city raised property taxes we would have to have a "truth in taxation" hearing; however, to raise electric rates, all the city fathers do is say, "We need to raise electric rates to pay for electricity," and the public goes along with it.
This practice is affecting not only the citizens of Kaysville but all citizens in Davis County. I say this because all of the schools located in Kaysville are paying inflated electric rates to Kaysville to help the city run its "real estate" business. This practice raises the electric rates and so the Davis County School District will have to raise property taxes to pay for Kaysville city's "redevelopment program." I ask you, is this fair?
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- A. Scott Anderson: Sen. Bennett: Selfless...
- Michael Gerson: Conservatives' deal with the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Collective neurosis in...
- In our opinion: Not all economic inequality...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a de-humanized...
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 73
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 48
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- My view: Character still matters in... 16
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains 11
- My view: The one thing that could solve... 11