We in Kaysville are gathering signatures to stop the city of Kaysville from taking money from the Kaysville electric fund to purchase raw ground and other items. This practice is out of control.
The reason for this practice is that if the city raised property taxes we would have to have a "truth in taxation" hearing; however, to raise electric rates, all the city fathers do is say, "We need to raise electric rates to pay for electricity," and the public goes along with it.
This practice is affecting not only the citizens of Kaysville but all citizens in Davis County. I say this because all of the schools located in Kaysville are paying inflated electric rates to Kaysville to help the city run its "real estate" business. This practice raises the electric rates and so the Davis County School District will have to raise property taxes to pay for Kaysville city's "redevelopment program." I ask you, is this fair?
- In our opinion: The breach between mass...
- David Blankenhorn: Overcoming the blindness...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second...
- Drew Clark: Deeply felt religious faith, of...
- Letter: Excess political science
- Letter: 'Kate's Law'
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Speaker of...
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second... 88
- In our opinion: The breach between mass... 54
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum... 51
- Letter: Greater security 51
- Letter: Our French Revolution 30
- Letter: Excess political science 30
- In our opinion: Suspended Alaskan oil... 26
- Letter: Kill off expansion 25