We in Kaysville are gathering signatures to stop the city of Kaysville from taking money from the Kaysville electric fund to purchase raw ground and other items. This practice is out of control.
The reason for this practice is that if the city raised property taxes we would have to have a "truth in taxation" hearing; however, to raise electric rates, all the city fathers do is say, "We need to raise electric rates to pay for electricity," and the public goes along with it.
This practice is affecting not only the citizens of Kaysville but all citizens in Davis County. I say this because all of the schools located in Kaysville are paying inflated electric rates to Kaysville to help the city run its "real estate" business. This practice raises the electric rates and so the Davis County School District will have to raise property taxes to pay for Kaysville city's "redevelopment program." I ask you, is this fair?
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- George F. Will: Our trivial Congress can grow...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 110
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 39
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 31
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 31