Mike Groll, Associated Press
To those who think the minimum wage should be increased, I respect your opinions ("Raise minimum wage," April 3). However, I disagree and believe that it should not be increased. It starts the growing problem known as inflation. If one thing is increased, like minimum wage, then everything else will inflate in price to be able to match it. Food, housing, fuel, transportation and a whole host of everything will become more expensive, and no amount of increase to minimum wage will stop that. Yes, people can barely get by on the current limit, but that is set up to help us learn how to conserve and be content with what is needed.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 57
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 37
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 24
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23