Mike Groll, Associated Press
To those who think the minimum wage should be increased, I respect your opinions ("Raise minimum wage," April 3). However, I disagree and believe that it should not be increased. It starts the growing problem known as inflation. If one thing is increased, like minimum wage, then everything else will inflate in price to be able to match it. Food, housing, fuel, transportation and a whole host of everything will become more expensive, and no amount of increase to minimum wage will stop that. Yes, people can barely get by on the current limit, but that is set up to help us learn how to conserve and be content with what is needed.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29