Mike Groll, Associated Press
To those who think the minimum wage should be increased, I respect your opinions ("Raise minimum wage," April 3). However, I disagree and believe that it should not be increased. It starts the growing problem known as inflation. If one thing is increased, like minimum wage, then everything else will inflate in price to be able to match it. Food, housing, fuel, transportation and a whole host of everything will become more expensive, and no amount of increase to minimum wage will stop that. Yes, people can barely get by on the current limit, but that is set up to help us learn how to conserve and be content with what is needed.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- Letter: Police not the problem
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 61
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 41
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30