Mike Groll, Associated Press
To those who think the minimum wage should be increased, I respect your opinions ("Raise minimum wage," April 3). However, I disagree and believe that it should not be increased. It starts the growing problem known as inflation. If one thing is increased, like minimum wage, then everything else will inflate in price to be able to match it. Food, housing, fuel, transportation and a whole host of everything will become more expensive, and no amount of increase to minimum wage will stop that. Yes, people can barely get by on the current limit, but that is set up to help us learn how to conserve and be content with what is needed.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 48
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37